Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:16 AM.
Texas
45 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
I'm terrible at online stuff.All I want to do is see the details of my trip, like cabin number, sailing date, dining time etc. I log on and put in my cruise # and click on "details of your cruise" and it kicks me back to log in again. Is it me or the website? Mind you, we don't sail until Nov 12th so I haven't checked in yet. Is that the problem?
Lee's Summit, MO
638 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I just checked the website and it let me log in. I sail Dec 30, 2017 and it lets me see my cruise details.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruising Experiences:
Carnival Sensation-2007
Carnival Glory-2008
Holland American Eurodam-2009
Carnival Miracle-2012
Norwegian Sky-2013
Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea-2013
Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea-2015
Princess Caribbean Princess-2017
53 days at sea

Does this ship make my aft look big?
Urbandale, IA
38 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
What web browser are you using? I had that issue with Safari, but it worked fine with Google Chrome.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruise
Carnival Dream 5/18
Past Cruises
Carnival Jubilee 1/99
Carnival Destiny 1/98
Carnival Sensation 1/97
Ontario, Canada
181 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Same here. I seem to have regular issues with carnival's website on Safari, but all is fine with chrome.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Sunshine - Canada - August 2017
Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean - January 2017
Carnival Sunshine - Western Caribbean - January 2015
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - January 2014
Carnival Freedom - Western Caribbean - January 2013
Norwegian Pearl - Pasific Coast Reposition - September 2010
Norwegian Sun - Alaska - June 2005
AZ
4,295 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Yeah, I agree with the others it could be a browser issue. It would be good if the OP would let us know what browser they are using or try one of the others recommended and see if that makes a difference. FWIW, for a short time earlier today, there were some funky things happening on Carnival's web site but it cleared after less than an hour.

Edit: to answer the OP's question - no you do not have to be checked in to see the details of your cruise, you just need to add the cruise (booking #) to see your details.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"What we've got here is... failure to communicate."
Illinois (Not Chicago)
922 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
If you're already booked, you shouldn't have to enter your booking number or anything manually. Once you log on, it should automatically take you to your "My Cruise Manager" page. At the top, you'll see your name, ship name, sail date, etc. To the right of that, there's a link that says "Cruise Details." If you click that, it'll take you to your payment info., a detailed itinerary, the excursions you purchase, etc. To return back to the My Cruise Manager page, click the My Cruise Manager link at the top or the Return to My Cruise Manager in the top right. Let us know if a different browser works for you.
Texas
1,980 Posts
Joined May 2014
I couldn't access my currently booked cruises for three consecutive days using Chrome.

Neither could I do mock bookings.

Not tech savvy, just frustrated. Everything works on Firefox, but that's a temporary fix as far as I am concerned, since Chrome contains all of my other bookmarks.

I don't know if it's a browser issue
or a Carnival issue or a hardware issue. Or maybe an IT issue. When I flip the light switch I expect to see lights. When I click on Manage My Cruises I expect to see my booked cruises. Obviously I expect too much.
Illinois (Not Chicago)
922 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Originally posted by bury me at sea
I couldn't access my currently booked cruises for three consecutive days using Chrome.
Neither could I do mock bookings.
Not tech savvy, just frustrated. Everything works on Firefox, but that's a temporary fix as far as I am concerned, since Chrome contains all of my other bookmarks.
I don't know if it's a browser issue
or a Carnival issue or a hardware issue. Or maybe an IT issue. When I flip the light switch I expect to see lights. When I click on Manage My Cruises I expect to see my booked cruises. Obviously I expect too much.
Have you tried clearing your browsing data in Chrome? Sometimes that helps. Click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the browser. Hover your cursor over "More tools" and click on "Clear browsing data." When the box pops up, click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
Texas
1,980 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by Organized Chaos
Have you tried clearing your browsing data in Chrome? Sometimes that helps. Click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the browser. Hover your cursor over "More tools" and click on "Clear browsing data." When the box pops up, click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
Keeping that as a last resort. I dread the thought of clearing browser history since my bookmarks are extensive and varied.

I appreciate your advice and my grand daughter, who has been helping me, agrees with you.
Marietta Ga
1,187 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Keeping that as a last resort. I dread the thought of clearing browser history since my bookmarks are extensive and varied.

I appreciate your advice and my grand daughter, who has been helping me, agrees with you.
I was having the same problem in Chrome. Clearing cookies and cache did fix the problem. When you choose the "Clear Browsing Data" in chrome you can choose what you want to clear. You can leave "Browsing History" unchecked. You can actually choose "Cookies and Other Site Data" only and it will likely fix your problem.

Don't do it unless you can get comfortable with it. but it is what fixed the problem for me.

PS. Even if you cleared browser history it should not impact your bookmarks if they saved on the bookmark bar.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CCL Vista 2/2018

Jim and Jane
CCL Fantasy 6/1992
RCI Mariner of the Seas 1/2007
NCL Jewel 1/2012
CCL Breeze 7/2013
CCL Conquest 3/2014
CCL Sunshine 12/2014
RCI Freedom of the Seas 9/2015
RCI Radiance of the Seas 6/2016
CCL Triumph 11/2016
Southern California
1,062 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Ocean Cat
I'm terrible at online stuff.All I want to do is see the details of my trip, like cabin number, sailing date, dining time etc. I log on and put in my cruise # and click on "details of your cruise" and it kicks me back to log in again. Is it me or the website? Mind you, we don't sail until Nov 12th so I haven't checked in yet. Is that the problem?
This has been my experience for months now! GRrr ....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Cruises: 🚢🚢

February 2018
Carnival FREEDOM/ Caribbean
Me & my sweet hubby Ken ❤️
Also my Mom, Debbie B.
and Kathy W. & Art A.
Cruising on Mark's "Ship"!!

October 2017
Carnival Inspiration/Baja
Halloween Cruise with my Mom
February 2017
Carnival ELATION/ Caribbean
Myself, my Mom, and Cousins!
Our 1st time on Mark's "Ship"!!
November 2016:
Our son, Mark, is beginning his new adventure working for Carnival!
His 1st Cruise Contract is the Elation, out of Jacksonville, FL.
October 2016
Carnival INSPIRATION/ Baja
Oceanview Aft, "Girls Cruise II". Me, Mom & Debbie!
November 2015. Carnival IMAGINATION/ Baja
Inside Aft, "Girls Cruise I" Me, Mom, & Debbie.
March 2014. Carnival INSPIRATION/ Baja
Porthole, Foreward. Spring Break, Me & Mark
August 2014. Carnival GLORY/ Eastern Caribbean
9C, Aft Wrap for me & sweet hubby and Interior for Mark
1st Cruise to Caribbean, 1st Cruise from Florida
August 2012/ Carnival SPLENDOR /Mexico
9C, Aft wrap Cabin for me & sweet hubby
Balcony Cabin for Mark

RCCL Cruises:🚢🚢
August 2015, JS,FREEDOM of the Seas, Western Caribbean. OMG...just me & sweet hubby!!
August 2009, JS, MARNIER of Seas /Mexico Diamond.
April 2009 MARNIER of the Seas/Mexico
Me, My Mom, & Mark cruise together Extended JS Aft Balcony
August 2008 OS,SERENADE of the Seas/Alaska
November 2007, GS,Monarch of Seas/ Baja
Our son, Mark's, 1st Cruise
April 1999, Outside,VIKING SERENADE/ Baja
September 1993, Outside, VIKING SERENADE/ Baja
October 1986 Inside, AZURE OF THE SEAS/ Baja
1st Cruise Ever With then Boyfriend, now my sweet hubby Ken.❤️❤️
Southern California
1,062 Posts
Joined May 2008
Ok, you lost me at "chrome" . I'll gave to my hubby or our son take a look. Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Cruises: 🚢🚢

February 2018
Carnival FREEDOM/ Caribbean
Me & my sweet hubby Ken ❤️
Also my Mom, Debbie B.
and Kathy W. & Art A.
Cruising on Mark's "Ship"!!

October 2017
Carnival Inspiration/Baja
Halloween Cruise with my Mom
February 2017
Carnival ELATION/ Caribbean
Myself, my Mom, and Cousins!
Our 1st time on Mark's "Ship"!!
November 2016:
Our son, Mark, is beginning his new adventure working for Carnival!
His 1st Cruise Contract is the Elation, out of Jacksonville, FL.
October 2016
Carnival INSPIRATION/ Baja
Oceanview Aft, "Girls Cruise II". Me, Mom & Debbie!
November 2015. Carnival IMAGINATION/ Baja
Inside Aft, "Girls Cruise I" Me, Mom, & Debbie.
March 2014. Carnival INSPIRATION/ Baja
Porthole, Foreward. Spring Break, Me & Mark
August 2014. Carnival GLORY/ Eastern Caribbean
9C, Aft Wrap for me & sweet hubby and Interior for Mark
1st Cruise to Caribbean, 1st Cruise from Florida
August 2012/ Carnival SPLENDOR /Mexico
9C, Aft wrap Cabin for me & sweet hubby
Balcony Cabin for Mark

RCCL Cruises:🚢🚢
August 2015, JS,FREEDOM of the Seas, Western Caribbean. OMG...just me & sweet hubby!!
August 2009, JS, MARNIER of Seas /Mexico Diamond.
April 2009 MARNIER of the Seas/Mexico
Me, My Mom, & Mark cruise together Extended JS Aft Balcony
August 2008 OS,SERENADE of the Seas/Alaska
November 2007, GS,Monarch of Seas/ Baja
Our son, Mark's, 1st Cruise
April 1999, Outside,VIKING SERENADE/ Baja
September 1993, Outside, VIKING SERENADE/ Baja
October 1986 Inside, AZURE OF THE SEAS/ Baja
1st Cruise Ever With then Boyfriend, now my sweet hubby Ken.❤️❤️
Ocala, Florida
2,153 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by HerbertandB
What web browser are you using? I had that issue with Safari, but it worked fine with Google Chrome.
I has the same issue with Safari (bounced me out every time I tried to look at cruise details or manage VIFP offers). I just downloaded Chrome and can access everything.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Majesty of the Seas, 5/17, Harmony of the Seas 12/16, Empress of the Seas 11/16, Glory 9/16, Empress of the Seas 5/16, Conquest, 4/16, Emerald Princess 2/16, Paradise 12/15, Navigator of the Seas 12/15, Glory 9/15, Majesty 7/15, Victory 5/15, Liberty of the Seas 2/15, Caribbean Princess 11/14, MSC Divina 10/14, Vision of the Seas 8/14, MSC Divina 5/14, Victory 2/14, Constellation 12/13, Ecstasy 8/13, Majesty of the Seas 6/13, Enchantment of the Seas 4/13, Liberty of the Seas 2/13, Allure of the Seas 2/13, Imagination 12/12, Jewel of the Seas 12/12, Sensation 11/12, Majesty of the Seas 11/12, Norwegian Pearl 10/12, Enchantment of the Seas 9/12, Majesty of the Seas 9/12, Monarch of the Seas 8/12, Monarch of the Seas 5/12, Norwegian Star 3/12, Jewel of the Seas 3/12, Monarch of the Seas 2/12, Miracle 1/12, Liberty of the Seas 12/11, Allure of the Seas 10/11, Navigator of the Seas 3/11, Century 1/11, Majesty of the Seas 12/10, Allure of the Seas 12/10, Oasis of the Seas 10/10, Imagination 6/10, Majesty of the Seas 5/10, Triumph 10/09, Inspiration 6/08, Fascination 10/07, Enchantment of the Seas 5/04
Illinois (Not Chicago)
922 Posts
Joined Aug 2016

It will not affect your bookmarks at all. It just clears your history (the websites you've been to in the past) and cleans out your cache (technical stuff you don't need to worry about LOL). All of your bookmarks will be left as is. As Domino D said, you can even uncheck the box that says "Browsing History" if you'd like to leave those in place. But that's only if you use your history to quickly go back to previously visited websites.
Texas
1,980 Posts
Joined May 2014
Originally posted by Organized Chaos
It will not affect your bookmarks at all. It just clears your history (the websites you've been to in the past) and cleans out your cache (technical stuff you don't need to worry about LOL). All of your bookmarks will be left as is. As Domino D said, you can even uncheck the box that says "Browsing History" if you'd like to leave those in place. But that's only if you use your history to quickly go back to previously visited websites.
Thanks to both you and Domino. Maybe I will get brave enough to try that after my second cup of coffee,
Illinois
36 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
I must be one of the last holdouts that use MS Internet Explorer. Perhaps it's time. I do use Nightly/Firefox but only for Cruise Critic since IE was giving me problems. But.... IE does seem to work with Carnival's website with the occasional hiccup.
Strollin' down the avenue that's known as A1A, FL
11,645 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Firefox is total garbage when accessing carnival.com. Chrome has performed best.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#curmudgeonoftheseas
----
First Cruise: TSS Carnivale - March 1983
145 nights at sea and counting...
Next Up: Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jade

CARNIVAL - Carnivale, Festivale, Paradise (x2), Triumph, Miracle, Destiny, Fascination, Valor, Glory, Conquest, Liberty (x3), Sunshine

NCL - Norway, Skyward (x2)

COSTA - Costa Riviera

WINDJAMMER - Yankee Trader

PREMIER - Oceanic

RCCL - Song of Norway

PRINCESS - Star Princess