CRUISES TO THE CARIBBEAN-do you pick your cruise based on the ship/and or ports?

oldmom

We live in Ga- so we only cruise to the Caribbean-since it is a cheap vacation to drive to Port Canaveral/Fort Lauderdale since we pay for private school/college for our son. We prefer Western routes on Oasis-Freedom Ships-ports do not really matter much to us anymore.Do you pick your cruise for the ship-ports-or combination of both?

We live in Ga- so we only cruise to the Caribbean-since it is a cheap vacation to drive to Port Canaveral/Fort Lauderdale since we pay for private school/college for our son. We prefer Western routes on Oasis-Freedom Ships-ports do not really matter much to us anymore.Do you pick your cruise for the ship-ports-or combination of both?

Ports. We prefer southern then eastern. Couldn't care less if we ever see Coz or Costa Maya again.

Now that I am retired from teaching and we can cruise twice a year, we do both. So far our December cruises have been booked based on the ship and March cruises have been itinerary. We have done Eastern & Western many times, but Southern only once.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most of the ports are the same to us. We used to do excursions but now we prefer to stay on the ship on port days. The pool is empty- no long lines at the buffet. Sometimes the spa has great specials on port days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We live in Eastern FL. 1 1/2 hrs to Ft Lauderdale, 2 Hrs to Miami and Port Canaveral, and 3 hrs to Port of Tampa. We don't really care where the ship goes as we've pretty much seen it all East, West and Southern. We just want to get on a ship and bob around in the Caribbean for 7, 8 or 9 days!!!:cool:

We really do not care -as long as it is Caribbean and cruises out of Florida or San Juan, we are in.. We will never do anything but the Caribbean. hubby wants nothing to do with Europe since he was born in Germany during the war. We hate cold so never in ten thousand years would go to Alaska. We are beach people.. We live in Florida and only want to cruise to places that take us to awesome beaches.

OurUsualBeach- Since last May I been on the Harmony, Oasis twice and this October going again on the Oasis...its all about the ship for sure! Yes, I am booked on the Majesty next week, but we booked a few weeks ago because we have cousins that are going on that ship and talked us into joining them. I would not be on that ship if it weren't for family going.

Now I am laughing (at you and Voyager70) never assume, get the facts before you accuse somebody of something.

Edited by Cruisegirl6

Voyager70 sorry took it serious, thanks for clarifying that and its joking all good!!

We generally cruise out of Port Canaveral because it is only a two and half hour drive time for us, if we cruise out of FLL or MIA we fly and we decided to fly to Tampa for next weeks cruise too, but we can't wait for next may when the Harmony comes to Port Canaveral.

We pick the ship first, itinerary second.

Wow, if this thread is a survey for RC to determine whether they can build 100 more oasis class ships and get rid of all their smaller ships and never have to sail anywhere but Cozumel & Nassau, here’s their proof.

How sad ☹️

Wow, if this thread is a survey for RC to determine whether they can build 100 more oasis class ships and get rid of all their smaller ships and never have to sail anywhere but Cozumel & Nassau, here’s their proof.

How sad ☹️

Keep in mind CC members are a tiny percent of the cruising public, and many of us (from North America at least) have been on more Caribbean cruises than we can count. For many of us Caribbean cruises are a great way to enjoy some tropical weather and the ship itself. Many less frequent cruisers do care a lot about the ports/itinerary. I really don't imagine things changing much for Caribbean itineraries.

I book mostly based on ports. Down the road I might go on one of the bigger, newer ships just for the ship. But I still get off at each port, have only done Caribbean and have actually only done Southern Caribbean cruises. Another one in November that I'm excited about because it's the biggest ship I'll have been on so far. Freedom of the Seas [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app