Parking at Cape Liberty

I’m interested in parking at the pier but I’m wondering if there’s enough parking in the parking building with the two massive ships (Anthem and Adventure) both there now)?

Also, I’d rather park and wheel my luggage over to the drop off rather than stop and drop off then get back to the parking building. All my luggage is on wheels. It would be easy. But is this allowed?

Haven’t cruised out of Cape Liberty since 2012. There was no parking building back then. Can’t wait to see the port now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lucky you to be sailing out of Bayonne, or should I say Beautiful & Georgeous Bayonne.

Actually there are 3 cruise ships in beautiful Bayonne this year. The Summit is here until late October. Summit cruisers have been directed to park at the surface lot, leaving the garage for Anthem/Adventure cruisers. No reports of insufficient parking.

You will receive a parking ticket upon entering the garage, take the ticket with you on the ship as you will need to validate it prior to getting back in your car.

Yes you can bring your luggage with you from the terminal but you will be directed to first drive by the luggage drop off area. You cannot bypass this area and drive directly to the garage (or surface lot). If you arrive by 10:30 am, the line of cars passing by the luggage zone to enter the garage should be minimal.

Keep left as you approach the turn toward the ship - if you go straight you will wind up in a small parking lot for a memorial. First left is an employee area. Second is unloading area. Third swings by the terminal in an airport-like dropoff area. The parking garage is just beyond that, right lane maybe 100' beyond the terminal. Staff will direct you to the open floors. There are porters near the terminal entrance if you haul your luggage from the garage. It would be a pain to walk across the traffic to the regular luggage dropoff.

At 10:30 the luggage dropoff area was only about 3 cars long - if you went farther they made you go around the loop again. Would have been tough merging with the traffic from the terminal entrance after dropoff but they have police directing you. Likewise it wasn't a problem getting from that area to the garage because the police let you move out and across to turn right.