NCL Sun

Milford57

We are traveling the end of Aug, and wondering if anyone is recently back from this ship. The 4 day Cuba from Port Canaveral? We have cruised before but not on NCL...can you take water bottles on board? (We were allowed 6 bottles each on Royal) I see coffee makers in the room, Are they k-cups or the filter pods? We have a balcony room and would love to have my coffee in my PJ's!!

We are traveling the end of Aug, and wondering if anyone is recently back from this ship. The 4 day Cuba from Port Canaveral? We have cruised before but not on NCL...can you take water bottles on board? (We were allowed 6 bottles each on Royal) I see coffee makers in the room, Are they k-cups or the filter pods? We have a balcony room and would love to have my coffee in my PJ's!!

You cannot take water on to NCL ships. See the NCL.com Frequently Asked Questions for the beverage policy and a lot of other good info.

p.s. Welcome to the forum.

You can take an empty water bottle, which is what we did on our recent June 22 voyage on the sun. The in-room coffee pots were not k-cups but rather the filter type...but nice to have nonetheless. I had some reservations about traveling on such a small ship but was pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoy our time on the Sun.

CM

We just got off the Sun today and I can say I love this ship. Not so small that there isn't a lot to do, but never crowded..don't miss the late night comfort food at the Sports Bar. I am still in awe the amount of food on this ship, how late its served and all the bars. The staff was so nice also. The food was wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off Sun yesterday. We had a balcony cabin and that was the first time we have ever had a coffee maker in a cruise ship cabin. I used it a couple of times. The coffee is a one-cup filter pack, not a K-cup.

We have a balcony this trip ..just found the filter style pods at Walmart so looking forward to my morning coffee looking at the open seas!! What about the mini fridge? Will I be able to freeze water bottles for our day in Cuba?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a balcony this trip ..just found the filter style pods at Walmart so looking forward to my morning coffee looking at the open seas!! What about the mini fridge? Will I be able to freeze water bottles for our day in Cuba?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think of it more like a weak chiller than a fridge. Definitely no freezing and I had some half & half spoil overnight.