Single Digit disaster

marshhawk

Thought I would share my single digit dance day with you-

Yes i hit single digits. i read my email, and Charles ,hubby of friend Ann who is cruising with me, has emailed me to call him tonight, i expect either good news or bad news. i called him this morning, it was bad news, Ann needs surgery next week, and cant do the cruise. They tell me to find someone else. and they want me to keep all the things she paid for, the excursions, the transfers, the plane ticket. OK.

i run down a list-F-no vacation time,

D-grand baby due

V-wont fly

P=homewith hubby

my boss - no, i really cant stand sitting at a table with her as she order 3 or more entrees

B-nope, she does nothing on a cruise but sit in the cabin

T, i call no answer

so i sit still and think, well there is S's daughter-i call S-of course she will have to pay for the flight, and tips for her daughter, but it's a go-turns out F.C. wanted a cruise for her 30th birthday which is on Wednesday during the cruise, and then i drive my DH to his docter, which takes way too long, and then i become travel agent.

taking Ann off the cruise, easy, for 100.00, (yup, 50 to take Ann off, and 50.00 to add F C )except now it shows that the excursions are only for me, and she has been refunded the rest of the money, so if i want to put F C on those excursions, i have to pay for them. i cant afford that, so i cancel the excursions (which is fine with F C, as she wants to swim with dolphins) but then Carnival cancelled my trip from the ship back to the airport. So once again I have to use my dwindling credit card. Then I notice, they have taken away one half of my OBC, I call back (this is my fourth call) get someone who actually cares what is happening, I point out to her, that since I paid for the whole cruise, that I was entitled to all of the OBC. She agreed, saw that i was a senior, adjusted the price of the initial sale, after she gives me all of the OBC, and then some. Bless her.

I have been on the phone since 3 today, between Carnival, S, her hubby D getting all of this set up, the papers reprinted, the prices adjusted, the OBC fixed, the transfers set up, OMG! What a day. I am hoping that I dont have problems with the air line tickets, but turns out Charles could not get a refund on that. Why cant people just buy a real paper ticket and you present that, instead it all has to be done on line next week. the day after her surgery.

that was my day, whooppee,

but to make me feel better-when S asked F C what she wanted for her 30th birthday, she did ask for a cruise.:)

This was the only cruise that I didn't buy insurance for. They had no travel insurance, they were given a credit for the ticket that they have to use before 6/15. I am only hoping that when they cancelled hers, they didn't cancel mine too.

This was the only cruise that I didn't buy insurance for. They had no travel insurance, they were given a credit for the ticket that they have to use before 6/15. I am only hoping that when they cancelled hers, they didn't cancel mine too.

Isn't that the way it always is?! Good luck with your airfare - I wouldn't sleep until I knew that was straight. I hope you do have a super cruise. You need it!

All that red tape! Sorry about your day but think of the good times ahead [emoji4]

Carnival Elation 2010

Disney World 2011

Carnival Fascination 2011

Carnival Ecstasy 2013

Disney World 3013

Carnival Dream 2014

Carnival Liberty 2015

Disney World 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it was a doomed adventure from the beginning-

we had booked one cruise, but the days in port were too short

we rebooked, and hubby had to have hip replacement surgery

i changed the cruiser to Ann, and she has to have hernia surgery

now it's F C, I wont have to worry about staying out too late at night,

she doesn't get up early, so i will breakfast alone.

i dont stay up late, but she does. but we are both going to do our own thing, and we are both happy sliding down the slides, hanging around in the pool. during the day she naps, i hang out on the lido....i will let you all know how it turns out when i get back, really just hoping that i get there.!

marshhawk, I am sure you are a wonderful person but honey I don't want to book a cruise with you. And if we are on a cruise together please don't stand to close to me. LOL. All kidding aside I am sorry for everything you have had to deal with today. Good thoughts for your friends needing surgery and happy cruising. And honestly, you are the kind of person I would like to cruise with cause when stuff goes wrong you deal with it and make it all good.

Hope she has a valid passport!

If its US port to US Port she don't need the passport (nice to have for emergencies but not needed). I just booked my brother on his first cruise and he don't need it, but he will need a birth certificate from Vital Statistics office (not the hospital kind) which he has and a driver's license.

TO the original poster, after all of that I'm sure you will start considering solo cruising in the future :).