Can redeemed RC VISA points be redeposited?

OK, I need to cancel a cruise on the Brilliance in the next two days, a medical problem has arisen. The cruise is paid in full, but part of the payment was 100K VISA points that I redeemed for $1000 off on the cruise price.

I haven't called anyone yet, but I'm wondering if: the 100K cruise points can be returned to my account, or alternatively, can I book another cruise and have them applied to that?

When I read the rules this situation does not seem clear, and $1000 is a lot of money to just forfeit, but I have to cancel.

PS: I am still 2 days from the final payment date.

Edited by PSCruiser
additional info

We had to cancel last year for similar circumstances I was admitted to the hospital the day before we were to board. We had some OBC from the RCI Visa and we were told that we could not get them redeposited into our account nor could they be transferred to the replacement cruise we booked. Not sure how it works for $$ off the cruise cost. Best of luck and let us know what they say. Hope whoever is ill is better soon! :)

I have transferred points before- I would just go ahead and change your existing booking to another ship and sail date in the future (keeping the same booking number) Then have them reapply your points to the new cruise. Call 888-305-4636 and they will help you

My sister in law had a situation, but different outcome. She had redeemed points for $800.00 OBC. The points were in her husband's name, and the OBC was applied in his name only. Then due to a work situation he was unable to go. His daughter went in his place. All OBC was then removed and lost. She called the Credit Card Company and explained what happened, and they then reinstated the points that were redeemed. She redeemed them on the next cruise but this time redeemed under double occupancy so in the event he could not go again the OBC would remain.

I had a similar situation. Also right before final payment. I originally had points applied to two cabins and rebooked only one. It took a couple days (had to go through resolutions department) but they allowed me to apply all points to the new reservation.

Just off the phone with RC. I was able to save my VISA points by rebooking the same cruise in 2017, and keeping the same reservation number.

Had I not done that they inferred that the points were not refundable, which probably meant prolonged dealings with Resolutions, or the credit card company.

Just off the phone with RC. I was able to save my VISA points by rebooking the same cruise in 2017, and keeping the same reservation number.

Had I not done that they inferred that the points were not refundable, which probably meant prolonged dealings with Resolutions, or the credit card company.

I've had them move a redemption from one booking to another, but it was involved. Much easier to do it like you did and keep it all on the same booking number.