Just curious about lunch options

coordinator23

Does the Royal Princess have sit down restaurant open on boarding day like the Coral does? Is the Wheelhouse Bar just a bar, like on the Coral, or does it serve pub grub on sea days. Also, any dining tips or "do not miss" on this ship would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Does the Royal Princess have sit down restaurant open on boarding day like the Coral does? Is the Wheelhouse Bar just a bar, like on the Coral, or does it serve pub grub on sea days. Also, any dining tips or "do not miss" on this ship would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

One of the Anytime dining rooms off the Piazza will have lunch between noon & 1:30 on embarkation day.

Wheelhouse Bar is adjacent to the Crown Grill & both venues were used to serve our Pub Lunch on some sea days.

The best dining tip I could recommend is the Winemakers Dinner that's offered a couple of times in their separate Wine Cellar area of the Anytime dining rooms. Like the Chef's Table participation is limited to 12 passengers and for $40 to me it's a great dining experience.

Alfredo's Pizzeria has not only pizza but a multicourse meal without any extra fee. Gelato's had great ice cream treats & Oceans Terrace Seafood Bar had tasty seafood such as the crab dish (both fee based). The buffet is great & the coffee machines there & throughout the ship provide free filtered coffee made from ground coffee.

These are just some of the many reasons that the Royal & Regal are great for us. :D

Sounds great. My 92 year old father loves a cup of coffee now and then. A coffee machine, using real grounds, sounds great. Thank you for the additional information. This will be our fourth Princess cruise, and we are looking forward to it!

Sounds great. My 92 year old father loves a cup of coffee now and then. A coffee machine, using real grounds, sounds great. Thank you for the additional information. This will be our fourth Princess cruise, and we are looking forward to it!

Hopefully you'll have a great cruise with your father. While I like the Coral very much, there are more things we prefer on the Royal-class ships but others will feel differently.

It was convenient to not have to make as many trips to the IC for coffee. Having the card there was no fee at the IC so cost wasn't a factor. In the buffet's area they have a coffee shop which is only for specialty coffee drinks but it was convenient.

When ever I'm boarding the Regal or Royal, I forego the crowds and just have lunch at the International Cafe on deck 5, where we board. Right next to it is the coffee shop and you can get a coffee card there too.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

On Royal, where can I get a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs lunch on embark day?

If they have the kid's menu available during the lunch in the MDR, you can get spaghetti & meatballs from that.

If the waiter refuses because "you're not a kid", ask to speak to the head waiter. Anyone can order from the kid's menu, but some waiters either aren't aware or don't want to bother.

If they have the kid's menu available during the lunch in the MDR, you can get spaghetti & meatballs from that.

If the waiter refuses because "you're not a kid", ask to speak to the head waiter. Anyone can order from the kid's menu, but some waiters either aren't aware or don't want to bother.

DW has ordered spaghetti & meatballs from the kid's menu. I've ordered the volcano. We've never had a problem. Anyone - no matter how old - can order from the kid's menu, and anyone - no matter how young - can order from the regular menu.

DW has ordered spaghetti & meatballs from the kid's menu. I've ordered the volcano. We've never had a problem. Anyone - no matter how old - can order from the kid's menu, and anyone - no matter how young - can order from the regular menu.

Thank you.!

I didn't know there is a kid's menu, and that adults can order off it.

Our go to place for embarkation lunch on Royal or Regal is Alfredos, seldom crowded and we enjoy the food. But no spaghetti and meatballs, excellent suggestion about ordering that off the children's menu, they also have it on Italian night on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums