Med weather in October

Hi,

We have booked the Brilliance Med. on 10/24/06 and I'd also like to leave my tuxedo at home.....but I know I can't!

In any event.....the weather might vary a bit. Greece and southern Italy will be warm and Venice & Spain a little colder. I use:

http://www.wunderground.com/global/Region/EU/Temperature.html

You can check out cities now and find out what the historical temps were in previous Octobers. You could also follow it daily this October to get a rough idea.

When I checked the history for late October to early November I came up with a daytime range from 82 in Naples to 61 in Barcelona. Night temps ranged from 64-48.

Probably means a larger suitcase!

Marty :(

We took Brilliance OTS in Oct. 2004. The weather was warmer than the averages I had looked up. Mid 70's to mid 80's for Italy and Greece. My husband took a dark suit for the two formal's we had and it was fine. Most of the men were in dark suits. I don't remember seeing a lot of tuxes. We did take a light jacket on the day tours but usually ended up carrying it after it had warmed up some. We only had rain one day and that was in Rome where we had a couple of down pours.

Julie

I really like this site for historical information:

http://www.weatherbase.com/

Based on cougfan, it shows the normal high that time of year in Naples is 71F, but highest recorded is 97F :eek:.

Anyway, the site shows the following for cities all over the world (by month):

avg temp

avg high temp

avg low temp

highest recorded temp

lowest recorded temp

avg rainfall

avg days above 90F

avg days below 65F

avg days below 32F

We were on a cruise in the Med in late October in 2002 and the weather was in the mid 70's the whole time. It will probably be warmer in early October.

A little more chance of rain, also, so take a light jacket and a travel umbrella.

Archived