ms Amsterdam & ms Volendam in Juneau August 18, 2017

Scrapnana

Amsterdam will be at the AS dock from 0800-2200 and Volendam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

The only other ship in port is the Disney Wonder at the AJ dock from 0600-1700.

If you liked Thursday's weather in Juneau you will love Friday. 100% chance of rain! High will be 56F/13C and low will be 48F/9C. Sunrise will be at 5:24 am and sunset at 8:36 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Hope you have good weather throughout your cruse, Roy!

A is past Thane.

Thank you. Primarily interested in Monday; I'll be in Martha's Vineyard for the eclipse.

Appears to be St. Phillip going to meet the Volendam.

Roy

Now well in view. 47 days until I board. Kathi, my understanding was that Gene's departure was for medical issues and he MAY be doing his current work temporarily while his recovery continues. I hope so; he's a great CD.

Roy

Now well in view. 47 days until I board. Kathi, my understanding was that Gene's departure was for medical issues and he MAY be doing his current work temporarily while his recovery continues. I hope so; he's a great CD.

Roy

Somebody on the roll call said he was now in charge of booking entertainers for HAL. Someone else said he was no longer with HAL.:confused:

Somebody on the roll call said he was now in charge of booking entertainers for HAL. Someone else said he was no longer with HAL.:confused:

That's definitely what he's doing now but I'm not convinced it's a permanent change. He could be doing that until he is well enough to go back to sea for months at a time.

Roy

That's definitely what he's doing now but I'm not convinced it's a permanent change. He could be doing that until he is well enough to go back to sea for months at a time.

Roy

It doesn't really matter to me who the CD is but those who do the WC every year love him. Regardless, I hope he gets better and can do the job he wants.

John,

There has been a discussion on the World Voyage roll call as to who the CD will be. Evidently the past one (Gene?) is no longer in the position. Is it too early to know who is replacing him?

2018 GWV CD is not known yet. This year Erin Duffy came in and did an outstanding job. I'm not really sure where Gene is nowadays