ms Amsterdam & ms Volendam in Juneau September 15, 2017

Scrapnana

Amsterdam and Volendam will be visiting Juneau for our last Friday double header. Amsterdam will be at the AS dock from 0800-2200 and Volendam at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

The Island Princess is the only other ship in port. She will be at the FKL dock from 1300-2200.

Another cloudy day in Juneau but only a 20% chance of rain. High will be 55F/13C and the low 45F/7C. Sunrise is at 6:26 am and sunset at 7:18 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ . On a side note PTZtv has all but three webcams (Key West, Maho Beach, and St. Maarten) back on-line.

I'm on the Amsterdam right now, moored for the night not far from Juneau. I was planning to be on the bow waving as we dock, but then I found out the only way to get there involves stairs, and my knee just isn't up to it. But I'll be on my port side veranda, deck 7, in case we swing around or something.

[emoji2]

Looks like I'm just in time. Lots happening today, helping Fire Department new administrator prepare for my absence and just got Prinsendam docs and Oosterdam room assignment.

Another reasonably nice day in Juneau.

Roy

Did you get a decent cabin on Oosterdam?

6087, a Signature Suite just ahead of the midship elevators. TA thought I might end up with a Neptune suite but won't happen. I had originally booked an Oceanview for the Amsterdam.

Roy

I'm in a red shirt/black pants on port side, about 6-8 Cabins from the stern, deck 7. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Couldn't see colors but definitely saw a person on a deck 7 balcony near the stern. Not too many people out at this early hour.;)