Bringing a bottle of wine on Carnival cruise ship?

Produce123

No there is not. The corkage fee on Carnival only applies if a waiter / bartender opens the bottle.

Correct, you will not be charged for walking in with a glass, mug, yeti, tervis cup full of anything. I bring my drink to dinner every night. Sometimes, I have a can of soda, along with a yeti cup with wine or my wine glass with wine. Depending on where we are going after dinner, I have taken a screw top plastic drink bottle with my wine refill or i will pour my drink into something more convenient to carry around, I drink a lot of martinis and it is hard walking around with that glass. We were only told about a cork fee when we brought unopened bottles of champagne for my sisters birthday in the dining room. Once they told us that, we had a couple of people take the bottles out and open them and come right back in the dining room where we poured with no problem. We just wanted to toast and take pictures, we didn’t really drink the champagne.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Remember on Carnival its only 1 bottle per person. Must be in carry-on not a checked bag. See below:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk) packaged in cansor cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:24 PM, Micah's Grandad said:

Unfortunately room stewards no longer have corkscrews. Last two times told to call room service who will come to open wine for you.

Lately take the wine to the DR have the waiter open it and than take it back to cabin to pour off two glasses. Rather silly.

Room service brought me a crappy corkscrew and I had to ask the steward to open my bottle. He'd never done that before!