Magic / Live / Solo / Sep 30-Oct 7 2018

sid_9169

How was work?
It sucked... I'm back at work for real today, and I actually couldn't remember my login for the work computer... I guess that means my vacation was pretty, pretty, pretty good...

Sent from my Space Phone 9169.1

Great pics and review! Sail away weather looked great this time around. It was much better than the Vista trip. We were on the Vista sailing also, seems like ages ago. I'm about to book the Magic during Thanksgiving week, can't wait.

• Like 1

Quick question, you posted a pic of fly-bys, is that the only hangover relief u took and how many. The pic of the wake with the clear blue water was awesome. All of your pics were, but this one stood out to me.

• Like 1

It sucked... I'm back at work for real today, and I actually couldn't remember my login for the work computer... I guess that means my vacation was pretty, pretty, pretty good...

sure sign of a great vacation. ;)

• Like 1

Sid, thanks for the review and taking us along on your trip on the Magic! Just caught up with the end of the trip. I'll be on the Magic in November, so it was fun to read along and get excited for that trip which is just 34 short days away, haha.

I see that you'll be on the Bliss, and I am booked on her in February, so I'll be on the lookout for your review of her as well!

I saw that you hired a driver in Cozumel. Did you meet him previously, or book that online somehow. I'd like to do that possibly when I'm in port, but didn't know how to go about doing that.

• Like 1

I have been with my driver, Crescencio many times in Cozumel... The easiest way to reach him is through FB. Just look up Black Hat Cozumel and send him a message through there. He will get back to you pretty quickly. Just tell him the date and ship, as well as the time you would like to be picked up. Also, remember, Cozumel time is often different than ship time, so make sure to keep that in mind.

Sid, thanks for the review and taking us along on your trip on the Magic! Just caught up with the end of the trip. I'll be on the Magic in November, so it was fun to read along and get excited for that trip which is just 34 short days away, haha.

I see that you'll be on the Bliss, and I am booked on her in February, so I'll be on the lookout for your review of her as well!

I saw that you hired a driver in Cozumel. Did you meet him previously, or book that online somehow. I'd like to do that possibly when I'm in port, but didn't know how to go about doing that.

Thank you so much for this review. I laughed and cried and laughed some more. I know it’s hard doing things that you really don’t enjoy, but it’s a means to an end. Don’t lose your spirit, you seem like a great person and my heart bleeds for you but I know too that the spirit is very tough to be broken and people are often stronger and more resilient than they think. You cruised on my birthday, October 2. My husband and I cruised last week on the freedom and I don’t think he enjoys cruising as much as I do. He is going thru some things right now, between being able to retire but not really wanting to but says he wants to , he just seems to lack direction to make the life choices to make himself happy. No one can do it for you. Anyway, I had fun reliving your cruise and hope to be able to be as adventurous as you are. We really like Malcom Burns too, have cruised with him many times from Galveston. I will be following your next review, although right now I have not considered cruising anyone but carnival. I also plan to go back and read your other reviews. Best of luck to you and thanks again for sharing your trip. You have encouraged me to get started writing mine. I do make notes and take pictures for the purpose of sharing information but usually so sad to leave the cruise and get back to work that it takes time to get up the energy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

This is what's left after you eat all the chicken... They must buy these peppers by the garbage bag full...

And, my custom titanium chop sticks... Not really custom, $12 on Amazon.

[ATTACH]431086[/ATTACH][ATTACH]431087[/ATTACH]

Oh my God...The wood ones would catch fire! Keep the hometown eats.

• Like 1

Hope you see this :cool:

A. Did you do a Escape review? Went in May, so long ago

B. Did you not snorkel the reef when you hopped a puddle jumper?

Thanks for taking my work from my brain today, I am a therapist for foster kiddos and I needed this, escape , so you helped me!ll

Ps...54k read this so far...wow.

• Like 1

Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures on the "new" site, otherwise this may have been my last Live Review...

Without further adieu, the thank you list for following my week on the Magic is as follows...

loohoo1, Saint Greg, mkcurran, Sea Viewer, Steph0224, MEUB1112, blarko, JohnSpo, riclop, CRUISERMOMX3, kackles, Jamman54, Sharobson, JerseyGirlJen, DanvilleCruiser, grandmarnnurse, zencruisers, Elsisi, marshabear, gotscrapz, peteandpris, watermelonqueen99, UKJJ, emm126, Love-to-ride, MrFunInTheSun, nessz79, HeyJut, liveonthesea, Jerseygirl1416, cshwall, Milly1966, twistout, bina, jaylinks, Nclgetawaymenhoney, wrf2e, soccersharon, FMZ, pbxtech, GreatArmordillo, rtfnl, CallistaSkye, DebOinKC, sexy50, bontx33, Megan_in_pink13, Desertcactus, Henchild, MzShae, JustJo, pebbles1102, TravelE, goofycruiser, katibug, OKIEFROMTULSA, onecoolchic, kemc0211, jewals, karlou, SwordBlazer, #55worktoplay, Mizchief224, smd247, fyree39, Daphne'sMom, samiam0403, deedle7544, Rio Negro, CruizinCutieJulia, pyropoodle, Burtonair01, SenatorsFan, Jana, pohlerbear, Jenn99, jojoey, LindyWebb, max a million, cruisebaby9, chadsjewel, matt1119, Yikes, paxpax07, jbyrd72, ileys, lazydayz, Jacobsno1grandma, mouche, Victory.Feb.29.2008., ober134, CATGUY7, jbhcw, candigirl41, kpark895, Sunanslots, bdpatrick, seeriteR, christyran1228, Mr. Nazzy, Hooked!, Hogladyrider, BethersD, TravelGirlinDallas, cruisebarbie, SMSACE6, rdler, josieallen, scott4020, MimiRN, fozzy1975, krissyj89, mkmaj, mochwr, balcony bound, disneylover89, baileydog16, mj, Tigeroy, mnp75, Tyhunt, Quilcruisers, and kcdancerkc...

Thank you all again for following and commenting.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm testing out posting from my phone now, we'll see if this works...

My lunch on my first full day back at work. Nuevo Laredo is the greatest tex mex restaurant in Atlanta. It's over in an industrial district on the not so great part of town...

IMG_20181012_113541.jpg

IMG_20181012_115549.jpg

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to go ahead and say right now that interfacing with the website version is much more difficult than the app, which has now been disabled... Honestly a big step backwards for cruise critic.

I hate that it messed up our pictures, videos, and quotes. Hopefully uploading photos and videos are easy.

C62F11D6-9307-44DE-B3F3-A3B2BCBC672D.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I hate that it messed up our pictures, videos, and quotes. Hopefully uploading photos and videos are easy.

C62F11D6-9307-44DE-B3F3-A3B2BCBC672D.jpeg

I was able to upload a couple of new photos, but there's no way of adding text then a photo, then more text again. It also took five times as long to do, even with a great connection. The new and improved Cruise Critic is bogus at best...

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was able to upload a couple of new photos, but there's no way of adding text then a photo, then more text again. It also took five times as long to do, even with a great connection. The new and improved Cruise Critic is bogus at best...

Yeah you’re right. You’re very limited if you want text with each photo. It looks like you would need to create a new post for each picture.ECE7CEA1-3FC3-4C4E-BC39-5C9B703E4FC3.thumb.jpeg.1338704d1898ea17a99d7daabcc7d381.jpeg

wait I think I’ve figured it out. I think I double touched the image and it brought up “more image options.” And it somehow put the image in the post..I hit return to get to a line below the image.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah you’re right. You’re very limited if you want text with each photo. It looks like you would need to create a new post for each picture.ECE7CEA1-3FC3-4C4E-BC39-5C9B703E4FC3.thumb.jpeg.1338704d1898ea17a99d7daabcc7d381.jpeg

wait I think I’ve figured it out. I think I double touched the image and it brought up “more image options.” And it somehow put the image in the post..I hit return to get to a line below the image.

I am going to play around with it some more, but this will probably be my last "Live" unless they bring back the app...