msc YC vs NCL suite on Gem

markf

Has anyone been on both cruises and can compare--our suite on NCL is not on the haven, but it is a suite that offers private dining for Breakfast , lunch .

I am concerned that NCL will not measure up

Has anyone been on both cruises and can compare--our suite on NCL is not on the haven, but it is a suite that offers private dining for Breakfast , lunch .

I am concerned that NCL will not measure up

I have not been on the Gem but we had a non-Haven suite on the Jade. (A long time ago.)

My opinion is that NCL will not measure up. The Yacht Club dinner, the topsail lounge and the Yacht Club sundeck make a BIG difference from NCL without Havenaccess.

We've been in the Haven on the Breakaway and Yacht Club on the Divina & Seaside. MSC is absolutely better in just about every way. Service is way better overall. Top Sail Lounge beats the Haven Lounge. YC pool area is much bigger with a nice pool and large hot tubs. Menu in the YC restaurant is different everyday for lunch and dinner whereas the Haven is the same every day. And the price is also better on MSC.

Don't get wrong. I love NCL. We're platinum, soon the be P+ after our cruise on the Epic next month. But, I'd have a hard time doing the Haven again because I'd be thinking how much better the YC is on MSC.

27/38 of my cruises have been on NCL, 10 of those in suites (everything ranging from front & aft to 1- and 2-bedroom haven to Owner's Suite to Garden Villa). Haven't been on MSC yet, but one of the things pulling me this direction is the fact that the food in the YC seems so much more varied and plentiful. The room itself seems somewhat comparable to a standard NCL suite. Aside from our cruises in the Garden Villas, the butler service on NCL has been meh. That's another big selling point for YC.