Thermal Suites on RCI

Hey guys,

I saw on Brilliance they have a thermal suite! I really enjoyed the thermal suite on Celebrity Century last year. Does anyone know the cost per day/per cruise for the thermal suite? Does it have the same features? (Heated seats, saunas, etc)?

Thanks!

DG

Have not been on Brilliance, but the thermal suite on Oasis had several ceramic heated loungers, a sauna, a steam room, and an aromatherapy (steam) room, as well as two "fancy" showers--one with a rain forest effect and another like a waterfall. We were somewhat pleased with it as a whole, but prefer other ships with separate men's and women's facilities. It's ridiculous to sit in a sauna or steam room in a bathing suit! We got a couples' rate for the week for less than the cost of individual weekly rates on the first day of the cruise (cost for one day was high--I apologize for not remembering the exact figures). The problems with the thermal suite were that it was small for the number of people using it, and people were often rude, leaving their towels/robes, etc. on the loungers, so you were reluctant to take one that was otherwise "unoccupied," or leaving the showers running when they weren't in them. We weren't sure why one couple in particular insisted on turning on the showers all the time. The sauna was not bad and reasonably well laid-out, but the plain steam room was at an odd angle, so really only two or possibly three rather friendly people could be in it at one time, and when the steam was blasting, you had to really get out of the way or risk being scalded. I've been on Adventure and Voyager class ships and have been happier with the large locker room/sauna/steam room arrangements on those ships versus the thermal suite, especially since there it is without extra cost. And the locker areas on Oasis were down the hall from the thermal suite, poorly designed, and cramped. As a point of amusement, at times the aromatherapy steam room would lose its aroma, and we saw on several occasions a spa employee open the door and squirt the fragrance in under the seating! Very high-tech!

Archived