River cruise of French Waterways Question

cruiserfromalabama

We are doing a French Waterways river cruise in mid August and I am a little curious about clothes to pack. Since it will be August-will it be alright for us to wear shorts on the day tours? Are shorts allowed in the churches along the Rhone River(in Italy we had to be covered on our shoulders and knees)? Does it get cool enough on the river at night for a light jacket? Any advice on this would be appreciated and also any other info about river cruises on the Rhone would be helpful(any favorite sights to see, restaurants, etc.)! Thanks for any advice!

We were on a French Country Waterways cruise at the end of August last year. Shorts are fine for excursions - walking length is best. The French don't require complete cover up for churches and a sleeveless blouse is ok. But think nice casual in general. We had light jackets which we used because we got rain one day. A pashmina is always useful and easy to pack.

The cruise was spectacular in terms of food, wines, excursions and service. The food on board was better than in the Michelin 3* restaurant they took us to one evening! Can't say enough good about it.

We were on a French Country Waterways cruise at the end of August last year. Shorts are fine for excursions - walking length is best. The French don't require complete cover up for churches and a sleeveless blouse is ok. But think nice casual in general. We had light jackets which we used because we got rain one day. A pashmina is always useful and easy to pack.

The cruise was spectacular in terms of food, wines, excursions and service. The food on board was better than in the Michelin 3* restaurant they took us to one evening! Can't say enough good about it.

What river cruise company?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What river cruise company?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is actually a company called "French Country Waterways" so it is a bite confusing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am sorry that I omitted the river cruise line's name! We are doing Tauck's French Waterways. Thank you for your replies and I am interested in anyone's comments! Glad to know that the churches aren't so concerned about shorts and sleeves.

No problem. The comments about churches and clothing still apply. Unfortunately, the rest will not. Have a great trip.