Just off Nieuw Amsterdam

mamaofami

I liked the Billboard better than the BB King lounge, personally. How it compares to the old piano bar, I do not know because this was my first cruise. The two pianists at the BO had themed nights in which they played certain types of songs like "British Invasion" or "The 70s." They had a playlist, but they said it was not set, just a list of "approved" songs for that theme. They also had a request night and were allowed to play whatever was requested.

The BB King band was very talented and the female singer was incredible but it was the same R&B songs every night. It make sense for the genre, but since I am not a huge R&B fan, I found it redundant.

The Lincoln Center music was very good too and was more classical themed. There was a cellist that was just breathtaking, but then I am partial to the cello.

For those wondering, trivia was in one of the following places: the Gallery Bar, the Billboard Online, the BB King Lounge and the Ocean Bar (though only twice in 14 days). It was fun, though we found some errors in some of the "correct" answers. I tried to do it every night.

Those are my observation.

Thanks you all for the great information about NA- I boarding at the end of the year- New Years cruise- I have been on board Zuiderdam- loved the Service and Food- not so much the ship itself. NA is a newer ship and the fact that NA still has the wrap around prommenade deck made us choose that particular ship.

I am in 7143 also after- so the information was great to get. According to the picture of the cabin they spruced the cabins up, too!

Is the new Exploratins Cafe self service- you do they serve tea, coffee and the like??

Thanks in advance for your help.

[quote name=Germancruiser;55268624Is the new Exploratins Cafe self service- you do they serve tea' date=' coffee and the like??

.[/quote]

Not self-service. It's like any other coffee ahop. You stand in line (or not) and request your beverage.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for remembering, Carol. Now that HAL doesn't have any real Piano Bars left I am a lot less interested in the piano entertainment at night.

The Prinsendam is as close as HAL comes to a piano bar, and that isn't set up for a proper one. The thrill is gone, as the lyric says.

Veendan and a few other ships still have the old style piano bar. Any HAL ship with “The Mix”.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Veendan and a few other ships still have the old style piano bar. Any HAL ship with “The Mix”.

The Mix is not like the old style Piano Bars, unless you think that having a piano and a musician in there is the same. I don't.

The Mix has a much different atmosphere than the Piano Bars had. I was sorry to see them gone.