An upgrade that is questionable

Received an email yesterday that there is a possibility we can be upgraded from inside to outside for an additional fee via a possible future phone call from Royal Caribbean. No confirmation, but we can be added to a waitlist. Is this the usual upgrade procedure? Seems very sketchy to me.

Edited by coaster

Received an email yesterday that there is a possibility we can be upgraded from inside to outside for an additional fee via a possible future phone call from Royal Caribbean. No confirmation, but we can be added to a waitlist. Is this the usual upgrade procedure? Seems very sketchy to me.

Check out this current thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2611653

My take is I will save the extra money and take what I booked. Offer me the upgrade right now or never. Not going to played and teased on a possible future upgrade at an additional cost.

It sounds like RCI may be exploring bidding for upgrades like NCL does.

You have a point. Royal copied NCL's room service charge. Royal copied NCL's emphasis on extra surcharge dining. Now, copying NCL to try to get those already booked to upgrade at a higher fare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got the upgrade email yesterday for our April 13 NOS 9 day cruise. $100 to move from Inside to OV. This might work out (depending on the location). I copied the email and the fine print below:

It does not state that you have to accept the upgrade offer. I will let you know if they call and how it works out.

We’re excited to welcome you onboard soon! As your sailing approaches, there may be an opportunity to upgrade your stateroom for the below price. Secure your position on the waitlist and take advantage of this limited offer. If an upgrade becomes available, we will call you to process the upgrade.*

*Price is per stateroom, in USD, and subject to Royal Caribbean offering Potential Upgrade to guest. The above upgrade price is not an offer to upgrade at this time. By clicking the “Add Me To The List” button, guest agrees that Royal Caribbean may use guest’s phone number to call guest to offer a stateroom upgrade, subject to these offer terms. Upgrade offer only applicable to the guest, stateroom, and sailing identified above; upgrades are not transferable. Offers are made in Royal Caribbean’s sole discretion. Inclusion on the wait list does not guarantee that an upgrade will be offered to guest. Royal Caribbean will make one attempt to call guest using the phone number listed on guest’s booking. If guest fails to answer the call, Royal Caribbean will move on to the next eligible guest on the wait list and will not call again. Upgrade is subject to an additional per-stateroom charge. Payment is due in full at the time of guest’s acceptance and is non-refundable. Limit one upgrade per booking through any offer by Royal Caribbean. Conditions of guest’s original cruise reservation will remain in effect after upgrade.

Got the upgrade email yesterday for our April 13 NOS 9 day cruise. $100 to move from Inside to OV. This might work out (depending on the location). I copied the email and the fine print below:

It does not state that you have to accept the upgrade offer. I will let you know if they call and how it works out.

We’re excited to welcome you onboard soon! As your sailing approaches, there may be an opportunity to upgrade your stateroom for the below price. Secure your position on the waitlist and take advantage of this limited offer. If an upgrade becomes available, we will call you to process the upgrade.*

*Price is per stateroom, in USD, and subject to Royal Caribbean offering Potential Upgrade to guest. The above upgrade price is not an offer to upgrade at this time. By clicking the “Add Me To The List” button, guest agrees that Royal Caribbean may use guest’s phone number to call guest to offer a stateroom upgrade, subject to these offer terms. Upgrade offer only applicable to the guest, stateroom, and sailing identified above; upgrades are not transferable. Offers are made in Royal Caribbean’s sole discretion. Inclusion on the wait list does not guarantee that an upgrade will be offered to guest. Royal Caribbean will make one attempt to call guest using the phone number listed on guest’s booking. If guest fails to answer the call, Royal Caribbean will move on to the next eligible guest on the wait list and will not call again. Upgrade is subject to an additional per-stateroom charge. Payment is due in full at the time of guest’s acceptance and is non-refundable. Limit one upgrade per booking through any offer by Royal Caribbean. Conditions of guest’s original cruise reservation will remain in effect after upgrade.

Same offer here except only a 7 nighter for us. Again, just offer the upgrade without the need to wait for a possible call back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am on the same sailing. Booked direct with Royal UK but have not received an email :(

Pete