1:30 flight in on the day of

We are looking at the conquest and we found a flight in that lands at 1:30. Is that enough time to get bags, deplane, get on the ship and all, or should I get an earlier flight? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are looking at the conquest and we found a flight in that lands at 1:30. Is that enough time to get bags, deplane, get on the ship and all, or should I get an earlier flight? Thanks.

Whew..way too close for me..book an earlier flight like the day before or before noon

Way to close. Our first cruise my wife wanted to fly in 5 hours before departing and I told her no way let's go the day before and we always have. Just seems a little tight for me.

Friends just got back from a European river cruise. Had flight issues both ways.

Going there the plane had mechanical issues then the crew was timing out. Would have taken 2 hours to get a new crew. (Then there was a problem with the second crew timing out)

They were extremely proactive and were able to get another flight. . As soon as the wife heard about the mechanical issue she fired up the

iPad. Easy for them to switch because they do carryon (that's a topic for another thread)

Coming back they ran into weather problems effecting the East Coast.

Always plan for delays.

You have been a CC member for 2 years with over 400 posts.

Come clean, you knew the answer before you ever asked the question, Didn't you:rolleyes:

Interestingly, according to the Carnival website, flights arriving until 2:30pm fall within their guidelines. I'd tell the OP to go for it! There's should be absolutely NO problems! :rolleyes:

(Seriously, come in the day before the cruise). As bugeater said, you should know better by now. :)

Edited by Tapi

Besides flight delays with the crazy weather all over, we have sometimes had to wait 20 minutes or more for our luggage to be unloaded from the plane! No way I would chance a flight that arrives at 1:30!

As much as we'd like to, we can't always fly in the day before (for various reasons). When we do fly in the morning of, we take the earliest flight possible, way before the roosters crow.:eek: Unless there is absolutely no other choice available to you, I wouldn't take that late of a flight the day of.

Whew..way too close for me..book an earlier flight like the day before or before noon

Agree. I fly about 12 times a year, and I doubt I've had more than 1or2 flights in the last years depart/arrive on time.

I wouldn't take a chance on that either. Definitely get an earlier flight or day before. Missing the ship is a real possibility with that arrival time.

I have never traveled by air on the day of the cruise. If I did, I would definately get an earlier flight. I would book one that is scheduled to land before noon, and even then I would still be nervous about that. Good luck!

No way would I even attempt to risk it. We won't even fly in the day of after our first cruise. We flew in morning of and spent extra time at the airport in Miami looking for our lost luggage. Now we will alway fly in at least the day before. :eek:

For our very first cruise (Nov. 2003), we flew into FLL the morning of our cruise, arriving around 11 AM. I was a nervous wreck until we landed on time at FLL.

Now we always fly in the day before and enjoy a relaxing day and good night's rest before boarding the ship.

Having extensive experience in the airline industry I would recommend you take an earlier flight! What if that flight takes a mechanical or weather delay. You essentially have no back up. Take the earliest flight you can that day (weather delays are less apt to happen early) or better yet fly in the day before. Good luck and have fun!

Interestingly, according to the Carnival website, flights arriving until 2:30pm fall within their guidelines. I'd tell the OP to go for it! There's should be absolutely NO problems! :rolleyes:

(Seriously, come in the day before the cruise). As bugeater said, you should know better by now. :)

I agree with the above post there should be not problem .If you are landing at FLL take SAS transportation to POM there're fast and you should be on the ship by 3:00