Hotel help in Seattle

rxmurphy

Depends on how much you want to pay.

There is a Marriott right opposite the port but is is 250$/PLUS PER NIGHT.

The Westin, Sheraton, Renaissance, Courtyard Lake Union, Residence Inn Lake Union, are all very nice.

Seattle is a great town. You can walk all over, plus the bus is free in part of downtown. you can stay out by the airport to save money but aside from shopping there isn't much to do. I've been there 3 times and my cousin lives there so if you have any questions let me know.

meg

"I gotta fly to St. Somewhere....I'm close to bodily harm!" jimmy b

trink02.gif

Time left til Boat Drinks on my 1st cruise on AOS!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

My Cruise History:

Cape May-Lewes Ferry

BC Ferry (Seattle to Vancouver)

And a bunch of "cruises" on my uncle's sailboat when I was little!

Seattle is very expensive in the summertime.

As the above posted commented, it all depends upon how much you want to spend, see, and do.

You can stay near the airport if you'll be getting in late and leaving for the ship early, but if you want to 'see' Seattle you'll likely need to spend more.

With more info we can probably advise further.

-thereuare

<font size="3">BetterBidding</font>

my friend and i are going to be there for 2 nights after our cruise. i am checking into hotwire for a good price. they have a smaller zone for downtown than priceline. i am doing alot of research for seattle to try and get a good clean room that is close to sightseeing and food. good luck and let us know what you come up with. and have a great cruise.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

thanks for the advice. I ended up cashing in forgotten AMEX membership rewards points and got a room at the grand hyatt for the night. seems right in downtown, hopefully only a short cab to the pier the next day!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800 till happy hour

The "downtown" area of Seattle is very close to the pier. The cab should cost less than $10 with tip. Another tip is that the only "downtown" hotel with a pool on Hotwire is the Sheraton.

You might want to have the hotel get you a cab as I was staying at the Edgewater in Seattle (literally on a pier on the waterfront) and a cab driver asked me how to get there.

Grand Hyatt is very nice, swanky hotel with a great location.

I am sailing on the Sapphire Princes on 6/20 and returning 6/27. I booked the Sheraton through Hotwire for 1 night post cruise. I am still trying to decide what to do about our 1 night precruise stay. Our plane gets into Seattle about 4 o'clock on 6/19. Right now Priceline and Hotwire seem to have no great deals for that night. Considering staying near the airport and takng it easy that night but I have a feeling once we get there we may want to see Seattle since we've never been before. I will shop around a little longer.

On 6/27 we have tickets for the Mariner's game. We are considering getting a cab from the port take us to the Sheraton so we can drop off our luggage then continue on to the ballpark. Does anyone familiar with Seattle have any idea if this will be a very expensive cab ride? When the game is over what type of transportation will be available to us to return to the hotel? Thanks for any help..

The pier used by the Sapphire Princess is Terminal 30, not the Pier 66 that is in downtown Seattle. Terminal 30 is about 3 miles south of downtown. MNYTRP, I would imagine the cab fare from T 30 to Sheraton is about $10-12. From Sheraton you can take the free public bus to Safeco Field. If you get a cab from the Sheraton, probably it's $6-7, probably more wait time fare than mileage. I'm sure you can catch a cab after the game.

Bill

suzanne123

what a great site. thanks so much. i bookmarked it for future info. the tulip tour sounds great.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Dusty - If you like flowers, then you have to make a stop at the Pike Market. They have the most gorgeous bouquets for $5-$10 -- not just carnations and mums that go for $50 back home, but huge dahlias, foxglove, delphiniums etc. I looked at the fish for about 5 minutes, then bought a bag of bing cherries and walked around for an hour watching the vendors make flower arrangements - one prettier than the next. I don't know anything about fish, but the flowers in Seattle are really something special! icon_smile.gif

suazanne

pikes market sounds great and i do love flowers. i am really a ''cheap date''. i can just wander around all day and look and browse without buying a thing. i definetely will be going to the market too spend an afternoon. thanks for letting me know about the flowers.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

HI MNYTRPS2GO2! Yes, we are almost neighbors. We live in Delaware County about 12 miles outside of Philadelphia. we are staying in the Hotel Vintage Park, downtown Seattle pre cruise. 6/19-6/20. Supposedly its a 4 star boutique hotel. This rating was by pricelinecom. Placed a bid of $100, and they told me if i was willing to raise the bid by $22, I would get a 4 star. I did and got this hotel. Maybe you can check their web site or call them directly for a better price than 122 a night, or try bidding on priceline like I did, either way it seems like a beautiful hotel. Looking forward to our cruise on the Sapphire!

HI! I checked down a bit farther and it looks like u are staying there as well. DH and I won't be arriving until later b/c we are having dinner with his sister who lives in Seattle. We are travelling with friends who might be staying there as well,and they are former New Yorkers currently residing in Florida. We are former North Jerseyites, Bergen County area, now living in Pa. Look forward to meeting you.

Barbara

Hi bappo,

Funny how we end up at the same hotel in a city as big as Seattle.

Our plane lands at about 4PM and we haven't decided what we will do that evening. We will probably walk around the city for awhile and return to the hotel about at about 9. My daughter decided to join us at the last minute and will be flying in on a later flight and joining us at the hotel.

We are also sailing with 2 other couples who aren't flying in until the following morning.

Time is getting short and I am getting very excited about this trip.

Archived