Symphony - Is there a ramp for wheelchair access to walking deck? Where exactly?

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:40 AM.
1,275 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Considering an outside category with easy and quick access to the walking deck. Is there a ramp to gain access to the walking deck? Just stairs? If a ramp, where exactly is it located?
Thank you.
London, UK
1,863 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Do you mean the promenade deck on Deck 7. All doors on Deck 7 lead out to the promenade deck; no ramps required. You will see heads moving past the windows if your stateroom is on Deck 7. No issues with privacy surprisingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Bear, DE
1,645 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
I respectfully disagree. On Symphony forward there are ADA compliant ramps to take you down to the promenade walking level. I know becuase we just used them this afternoon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous sailings: Carnival (1), NCL (4), Celebrity (5), Cunard-Queen Mary 2 (2), Oceania (2), Holland America (3), Viking (2), AMA Waterways (1), Princess (1), Un-Cruise (1), Voyages to Antiquities (1), Disney (1), Crystal (1)

Most recent cruises:

15 Night Galapagos with Machu Picchu extension on Celebrity Xpedition 4/2/2017
3 Day Disney cruise to Bahamas (with our grandson!) 8/4/2017
Iceland, Greenland and Scotland Explorer on Holland America Prinsendam 8/18/2017
Back to back Auckland to Valparaiso South Pacific on Crystal Symphony March-April 2018

Booked
Queen Elizabeth Canary Islands October 2018
Holland America Zaandam South America/Antarctica January 2019

More than 50 Countries visited to date
1,275 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Yes. Thank you. This is for the promenade deck. Proximity to a ramped entry/exit to the walking deck is what I’m looking for. We were recently on a Viking ship where there was one level, automatic door leading to the walking deck. The other entry/exit areas had steps. It would be helpful if I knew the location of this, if there is such a thing on the Symphony.
Berkeley CA
1,240 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Phoenix cruiser
I respectfully disagree. On Symphony forward there are ADA compliant ramps to take you down to the promenade walking level. I know becuase we just used them this afternoon.
Aren't the ramps on all of the forward, midship and aft doors on both port and starboard?
Sydney, Australia
6,280 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by dcsam
We were recently on a Viking ship where there was one level, automatic door leading to the walking deck
I don't believe any of the doors leading to outside on Deck 7 are automatic - they need to be opened manually
Bear, DE
1,645 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
We just did the circuit on deck 7 and the ramps are only on the forward doors on both sides. The mid and aft doors have 5 steps down with no ramp, the forward doors 5 steps down but with a ramp option. The doors are manual.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous sailings: Carnival (1), NCL (4), Celebrity (5), Cunard-Queen Mary 2 (2), Oceania (2), Holland America (3), Viking (2), AMA Waterways (1), Princess (1), Un-Cruise (1), Voyages to Antiquities (1), Disney (1), Crystal (1)

Most recent cruises:

Iceland, Greenland and Scotland Explorer on Holland America Prinsendam 8/18/2017
Back to back Auckland to Valparaiso South Pacific on Crystal Symphony March-April 2018

Booked

1,275 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Very nice of you to check. That helps me a lot! Thank you!
Another question: is there anywhere to sit down near those ramped, outside doors? Benches?
Connecticut
484 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by dcsam
Very nice of you to check. That helps me a lot! Thank you!
Another question: is there anywhere to sit down near those ramped, outside doors? Benches?
Seating is available on Symphony but only on the aft deck.
2,257 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by latsyrc
Seating is available on Symphony but only on the aft deck.
It may be worth noting that smoking is permitted on that (otherwise very comfortable) aft deck. For those of us who cannot tolerate such smoke, this is not usable.
Bear, DE
1,645 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
There are limited seats available on the sides but still aft. They are on both sides near the shuffleboard courts so no smoking there. Have not tried it when someone was smoking on the back so don't know if the smell drifts forward when not at sea, when the wind will carry it away.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most recent cruises:

Booked