Why get rid of the soda sticker

antsp

i don’t understand the reason behind getting rid of the sticker, now the staff look at your card to get the folio number, or more often than not ask do you have the soda package, what’s the benefits apart from saving stickers

i don’t understand the reason behind getting rid of the sticker, now the staff look at your card to get the folio number, or more often than not ask do you have the soda package, what’s the benefits apart from saving stickers

It's the transition to the electronic world, good or bad. Ultimately there will be no cards, just medallions or whatever the next roll out might be. No place for a sticker.

It's the transition to the electronic world, good or bad. Ultimately there will be no cards, just medallions or whatever the next roll out might be. No place for a sticker.

After Medallions maybe the next thing will be an implanted microchip?

And if we don't like the idea then we are free to not cruise Princess.

After the Medallion is in full operation they'll be no need to check if you've paid for the soda program. The server will know automatically if you're enrolled without asking or having to check any number.

I can understand on ***** enabled cruise ships, but at the moment it seems a bit messy

We didn't find it "messy." Daughter was asked for card each time she got a mocktail. For soda, they often didn't ask or use the card, even when it was the first time at a location. She'd get the card out and they'd just hand her the Diet Coke without paying any attention to the card. The difference between looking at a sticker and swiping a card is minimal.

For a while they had stickers for the AIBP but found that people were making their own stickers, trying to use old cruise cards with a sticker, or trying to transfer the sticker from an old card to a new card. If there's a way to mess things up someone will find it and make life more difficult for others. The only time I actually had the Unlimited Soda and More package I got the old UKP sticker left over from the Ultimate Kid's Package. :D

For a while they had stickers for the AIBP but found that people were making their own stickers, trying to use old cruise cards with a sticker, or trying to transfer the sticker from an old card to a new card. If there's a way to mess things up someone will find it and make life more difficult for others. The only time I actually had the Unlimited Soda and More package I got the old UKP sticker left over from the Ultimate Kid's Package. :D

^^^ This! ^^^

We encountered similar issues on a B2B, both booked under a Sip-N-Sail promotion. While our cruise cards were valid for both segments, they were issued with a color-coded sticker good only for the first leg. Staff wasn't always sure which sticker was valid. Had to go to the PSD to get a new sticker on the second leg. PSD had problems finding the right stickers as most were used for new passengers during their embarkation.

It reduces cheating (moving the right color sticker from an old card) and perhaps sharing. (If scanning the card shows your picture in the screen). I am not sure about this part on Princess, but I have seen people cheating by transferring stickers.

It reduces cheating (moving the right color sticker from an old card) and perhaps sharing. (If scanning the card shows your picture in the screen). I am not sure about this part on Princess, but I have seen people cheating by transferring stickers.

That will work only of they don't scan your cruise card to check.

There's no way to prevent sharing.

It strictly up to the individuals.

^^^ This! ^^^

We encountered similar issues on a B2B, both booked under a Sip-N-Sail promotion. While our cruise cards were valid for both segments, they were issued with a color-coded sticker good only for the first leg. Staff wasn't always sure which sticker was valid. Had to go to the PSD to get a new sticker on the second leg. PSD had problems finding the right stickers as most were used for new passengers during their embarkation.

Oh yes....on our very first Princess cruise, I ordered a Soda and More package for my daughter. There was no sticker on her card at embarkation. It took quite a few steps to get a sticker applied to the card. First, passenger services where they insisted that I present verification that I'd paid for it...so that took me back to the cabin to get the cell phone (I'd saved it, e-mailed to myself). I don't know why it didn't show on their system or if they even looked! When I brought them the e-mail verification, they gave me a form to take to "any bar" to get the sticker applied to the card. This totally confused the first 2 bar tenders; number 3 called a supervisor who was able to take care of it for us.

Points learned--always bring proof of anything you've paid for in advance. For something like a beverage package, it is easier to purchase on board and save all this nonsense!

Points learned--always bring proof of anything you've paid for in advance. For something like a beverage package, it is easier to purchase on board and save all this nonsense!

That's no joke...happened to me for other pre paid things.....

+1000

Princess seems to have a problem with prepaid soda or PBP. I usually wait unit we are on the ship to buy the soda package for my soda addicted DW but last time I prepaid for it. So it was a trip down to the PSD with printed proof in hand that it had already been purchased. Even then it still was a problem actually getting the package added. So for now forward I buy it on the ship. I have not had any problem with prepaid items except the soda package. I always bring all paperwork aboard the ship so if it is needed, I have written proof.

The difference between looking at a sticker and swiping a card is minimal.

Not for the waiter in the dining room. Looking at a sticker at the table is much easier than carrying the card to a terminal to check for the package and returning the card to the passenger.

Not for the waiter in the dining room. Looking at a sticker at the table is much easier than carrying the card to a terminal to check for the package and returning the card to the passenger.

They already have to do it for the other beverage package.

I would guess that this is just a temporary thing. Once the ***** is completely rolled out, I would guess there will be individual "ipads" for each server to indicate to them is you do or don't have a particular package. Remember part of the operation....No need to tell your server what you want...with the ***** they will already know your preferences

I would guess that this is just a temporary thing. Once the ***** is completely rolled out, I would guess there will be individual "ipads" for each server to indicate to them is you do or don't have a particular package. Remember part of the operation....No need to tell your server what you want...with the ***** they will already know your preferences

I have seen the iPads in the DR's on a coupe of cruises for the last year for drink ordering.

Did they do away with them?

My experience was once the server knew I had it, never had to show my card again.