No Next Day Stayover on my TA 15Nt. out of Orlando

ShakeDaddy

One of the biggest waste of $$$ and hassles is staying overnight before your cruise out of Florida.

Anybody think I should be worried? Flying SWA out of Arizona 4/7 direct to Orlando landing @12:20pm, Epic departs @5pm Same Day.

Not too worried or should I be??

You probably need to be aboard 90 minutes before departure and then with transit time, I don’t think there’s much wiggle room. I would fly in the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be worried. You need to be checked in at the pier by 3:00 pm. 45 minute drive to port on a good day. If all the planets are aligned, you don’t check bags, you have transportation lined up ahead of time, you might be ok.

At minimum 30 minutes to get luggage. Then time to get to your transportation, which at that time I don't think there's any shuttles. There shouldn't be much traffic unless there's an accident, but if there is it'll cause lots of problems. I'd say best case scenario you'd get there at 2, but that would be everything going perfect. Realistic would be 230-3. Which would be right up against last call.

Fwiw I live near the airport, so I have to deal with parking, but it's usually 90 minutes door to check-in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why risk it. I was flying into Miami once and rained. Sent us to Fort Meyers to wait on the ground. Than into Miami.

Why risk your whole vacation? Pick a cheap hotel and relax.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having lived in Orlando for many years and used the airport often, I wouldn't trust leaving that little time. By the time you get your luggage and get transport assuming on time arrival, you will be lucky to get on the road by 1:30. Saturday driving on the 408 from the airport out to the port can be a crapshoot. One accident can be a royal pain if in the area where there is no alternative exit for miles. Plus, you never know what the launch schedule might be. As of right now, there is a SpaceX launch scheduled for no sooner than 4/2. These dates easily shift a week or two. If it ends up on the afternoon you are going, you could have bad traffic. Probably a 70% chance of making it OK. However, since it is a TA, you are likely screwed if that 30% happens. This doesn't even take into account weather delays. Early April is near the tail end of frontal storms passing through the area. While not likely, they won't unload luggage at the Orlando airport during a thunderstorm. I have had to wait an extra 45min to an hour for luggage from this on two occasions. Not sure it's worth the gamble.

Having lived in Orlando for many years and used the airport often, I wouldn't trust leaving that little time. By the time you get your luggage and get transport assuming on time arrival, you will be lucky to get on the road by 1:30. Saturday driving on the 408 from the airport out to the port can be a crapshoot. One accident can be a royal pain if in the area where there is no alternative exit for miles. Plus, you never know what the launch schedule might be. As of right now, there is a SpaceX launch scheduled for no sooner than 4/2. These dates easily shift a week or two. If it ends up on the afternoon you are going, you could have bad traffic. Probably a 70% chance of making it OK. However, since it is a TA, you are likely screwed if that 30% happens. This doesn't even take into account weather delays. Early April is near the tail end of frontal storms passing through the area. While not likely, they won't unload luggage at the Orlando airport during a thunderstorm. I have had to wait an extra 45min to an hour for luggage from this on two occasions. Not sure it's worth the gamble.
I hope you mean 528 because the 408 ends 45+ minutes from the port and doesn't connect to the airport! Assuming you meant 528 - yes it's pure hell if there's an accident and God save you if you have a time limit on launch day! Though going to the port is a bit better - I only know because I was racing to a place on Merritt island for a launch but the vast majority were going to Titusville.

Ship departs at 5pm with last call at 4pm. https://www.ncl.com/faq%2523boarding-times

Pretty sure we can get 25 miles to Port Carnival from the airport in 4 hours.

Dude, try 45+ miles and there's really only two ways to get there and little to no options to bail out and choose the other in the case of an accident.

At least have all the facts before you decide it's all going to be ok.

Ship departs at 5pm with last call at 4pm. https://www.ncl.com/faq%2523boarding-times

Unless you are using a different airport, MCO to Port Canaveral is 45 miles. It is also Saturday in the tail end of spring break, MCO will be insane. You seem to have it all figured out though so good luck to you.

I hope you mean 528 because the 408 ends 45+ minutes from the port and doesn't connect to the airport! Assuming you meant 528 - yes it's pure hell if there's an accident and God save you if you have a time limit on launch day! Though going to the port is a bit better - I only know because I was racing to a place on Merritt island for a launch but the vast majority were going to Titusville.

Yeah, 528. I sucked with remembering the numbers. It was always Beeline(not Beachline) for me and East/West for 408. Never used the road number unless giving directions to an out of towner.

Then why bother asking? Everyone has told you it's a bad plan but hey...knock yourself out.

If you don't have travel insurance for this trip, now would be a good time to consider it.

Yeah, 528. I sucked with remembering the numbers. It was always Beeline(not Beachline) for me and East/West for 408. Never used the road number unless giving directions to an out of towner.
I feel you! Just didn't want some poor soul wondering why when they got off 408 they were in Bithlo and not the port! Completely different type of vacation!

One of the biggest waste of $$$ and hassles is staying overnight before your cruise out of Florida.

Anybody think I should be worried? Flying SWA out of Arizona 4/7 direct to Orlando landing @12:20pm, Epic departs @5pm Same Day.

Not too worried or should I be??

I've never watched my ship sail away...let me know how that feels. A "big waste of $$$" would be to miss the ship.

Most people on cruise Critic boards are planners, not gamblers when it comes to travel. Not many people are going to advocate your plan because of the fact that travel is not always smooth. It’s more like 45 miles to port from OIA and if your flight is on time, you get your luggage and rental car quickly, and have smooth traffic, it’s doable. Anything off and there’s a chance for disaster-a chance many would not be willing to take. But it’s your vacation, if this is how you want to do it then it’s up to you.

Most people on cruise Critic boards are planners, not gamblers when it comes to travel. Not many people are going to advocate your plan because of the fact that travel is not always smooth. It’s more like 45 miles to port from OIA and if your flight is on time, you get your luggage and rental car quickly, and have smooth traffic, it’s doable. Anything off and there’s a chance for disaster-a chance many would not be willing to take. But it’s your vacation, if this is how you want to do it then it’s up to you.

Rental car probably isn't an option. It will have to be a hired car. Probably not possible to even turn in a rental car near the port and make it on time if a car company would even do that rental. Rental car counters in Florida are a circus.

Good grief. The OP is unrealistically optimistic. Doesn't seem to have much clue at all the dynamics. Maybe they don't travel much? I travel and fly every month. (16 cruises last year) and I have run into numerous snags, delayed flights- hours, misdirected luggage- last week, etc. No mention of how they are getting to the port??? I'm actually looking to get on this ship, planning on being on the Magic prior.

If they miss the cruise, they'll be able to get on in Bermuda. So at least one additional option. .