Haven on a Escape

123veranda

So I just sailed NCL for the 1st time in 20+ years in the Haven on Escape. I haven't had time for the review BUT to quote my husband "they knocked it out of the park with the Haven". Every thing just works. The calmness of the pool area, the concierge that will arrange anything, the butler that will deliver almost anything to your room. You can go out to the regular areas and get a more lively experience and then retreat to the Haven for some serene time. The bar staff is fantastic and try to find just the right drink for you. The pool roof does retract weather permitting. I don't think I was told no the entire cruise. The Haven restaurant is very good but I do wish they had a least a 3 day rotation instead of the single menu. I did make dinner reservation ahead because we were a party of 7 but adjusted as needed on board. The priority tendering is a big plus.

Can't say enough about it. I wouldn't even consider cruising NCL again if not in the Haven.

I also saw a group at the Haven pool call their butler and he delivered pizza, burgers and other items to them at the Haven pool. You have a cordless phone you can carry and use anywhere on board so if you want to carry it you can reach the butler anywhere you are at.

The biggest things we liked was having tea and lemonade In pitchers in our frig and getting snacks every afternoon. The butler noticed the cookies always disappeared so he just kept bring them and increasing the number of cookies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 8 months later...
I tried but can't find the answer to this. Since I cruised last I see that NCL now charges for room service. Does this still apply if you are in the Haven Spa cabin? Thanks in advance..

You can have your butler being food from any restaurant. If it from a specialty restaurant, you pay the price for the food there or use your dining plan.

There are breakfast cards with check boxes. Ignore the check boxes and just write in what you want.

Filet steak, eggs over easy, egg white omelet, bacon, ham, sausage, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh breads, fresh fruit, juices, and a Diet Pepsi. All served on a white tablecloth at the time requested.

e9621692d446448e5749315f0be0a9c9.jpg

We did Haven on the Escape to Bermuda in May. We won a bid from a comped aft balcony to forward penthouse. It was wonderful! We actually cancelled some specialty restaurant reservations to eat in the Haven restaurant. We are now on Escape for 1/6/19 14 day cruise originally in aft balcony and I bit the bullet and paid for forward penthouse it we loved it so much.

The Haven resteraunt is the best food on the ship. Food Republic is also amazing but it's very casual, they take no reservations and not part of SDP. My tip.....Avoid the Haven resteraunt on the first night. Everyone in the Haven has the idea to eat in the Haven that first night. It's a mad house! Go somewhere else...(food republic) and then eat in the Haven on night 2. The masses of people will want to try another resteraunt and you will have the dining room and servers almost to yourself! The last night of the cruise is another good time to avoid the Haven resteraunt because again, it's really crowded. Everyone eats around all week and then realizes the Haven really is the best food in the house!

Yes, the roof does retract. Not fully. If you want sun and a quieter vibe, go to the upstairs sundeck area but get there early because chair hogging is live and well on the Escape Haven sundeck because there isn't adequate seating.

The bartenders in the Escape Haven are amazing, I hope they are still there for you. They aren't your run of the mill bartenders. They make drinks up for you based on what you like.....You like Gin and Tonic they ask? yes,.....ok try this G and T with Elderflower! They are masters of using old fashioned bitters. I hope they are still there for you.

To ensure you get outdoor dining in the Specialty Restaurants, speak with the haven concierge so they can call down ahead for you. If you have trouble reserving dinner reservations online, don't worry. The concierge will work it out for you when you get on the ship. Speak to them that first day.

Food republic will be 50% off first night for Haven guests. Don’t waste SDP there if you go then. Also, Margaritaville is free for lunch Haven guests on first day. There is a private outdoor deck off the Haven restaurant. It will be mostly empty except for the few groups that find it or know about it. Fantastic spot for breakfast, little louder at lunch as it overlooks the main pool.

At the Haven pool they will deliver food to your chair, just need to ask for the menu. It’s not limited to just on the menu since you are in the Haven.

Check out other threads on what does my butler do” and pay attention to the comments that if you help them understand your wants, they can be amazing in meeting them.

Enjoy the Haven

Sent from my iPad using Forums