NCL Epic passenger overboard?

Cruzntime

Yes we are onboard the epic now. It is true. She was horseplaying. We turned rhe ship around and she was recovered. There were no obstacles on the way down like life boats, etc, so nothing to hit. Captain said she was recovered from the water and was taken to the infirmary.

Yes we are onboard the epic now. It is true. She was horseplaying. We turned rhe ship around and she was recovered. There were no obstacles on the way down like life boats, etc, so nothing to hit. Captain said she was recovered from the water and was taken to the infirmary.

That woman was incredibly lucky. I'm glad she survived.

There are 1600 rowdy college students on spring break from Florida University on here.

This is why I never book a cruise for March or April.

Thank you for the update. I hope she is recovering well.

FYI, there is no "Florida University." There is an University of Florida and a Florida State University, but neither of those were on spring break this week. There are a number of Florida colleges on spring break this week, so I'm sure it was one of them.;p

Not trying to be technical, but there were many many spring breakers, all from Florida. Either way, none of them acted responsibly or respectfully.

So let me correct myself since everyone likes to correct someone~ ~like it matters ~ to say COLLEGE STUDENTS FROM FLORIDA

As a 29 year old party girl I would definitely say they overwhelmed the ship. They were university of Florida students. Most of them were wearing Greek letters. Individually many of them seemed like decent kids but they OVERWHELMED everything. I’ve been on the Dawn out of NOLA and a 6 day on the escape and it was a very different vibe. Extremely hard to get drinks at almost ANY bar. I was in a studio so I didn’t hear them in the halls. They were almost all 4 to a room. I’m curious what the capacity was. This has lead me to decide to cancel a future cruise and stick to land based vacations. I wouldn’t have minded some spring breakers but the sheer numbers of them was insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI, there is no "Florida University." There is an University of Florida and a Florida State University, but neither of those were on spring break this week. There are a number of Florida colleges on spring break this week, so I'm sure it was one of them.;p

U of F is on Spring Break.

Actually.. University of Florida Spring break started March 3rd...

Spring 2018Dates and Deadlines

Holidays No classes :

March 3 - 10: Spring Break

and there were well over 1000 U of F students on board this week...

Given that it is not spring break for everyone across the country and that this boat was marketed to spring breakers, there is a definite responsibility on behalf of NCL to have let non spring breakers be aware that this ship was marketed as such. My husband and I have been on over 20 ncl cruises, many of them music cruises, and we have never seen anything like this. My kids couldn't even access the pool through the entire duration. My 14 year old tried climbing in to a hot tub at one point and a fight broke out between the spring breakers warranting security to intervene. We couldn't enjoy our balcony because drunken people were screaming "land ahoy" at all hours, smoking weed, blasting music, and throwing things over board. This is in addition to the multiple bathrooms we went in that were laden with vomit.

We had a great time, but are very disappointed in NCL.

On the evening of Tuesday, March 6, 2018 a report was made that a guest aboard Norwegian Epic had gone overboard, while the ship was sailing near the Bahamas. As soon as the report was made, the ship maneuvered to allow the crew to begin a search. After recovery, the guest was taken to the onboard medical facility for evaluation. It has been reported that they are in a stable condition. The ship arrived in Port Canaveral this morning as scheduled. The guest immediately disembarked to receive any additional medical attention necessary on shore. We are thankful that our team reacted quickly and was able to rescue the guest. Our thoughts and prayers are with the guest and their family as they embark on the recovery process and our CARE team is providing support and assistance during this time.

Given that it is not spring break for everyone across the country and that this boat was marketed to spring breakers, there is a definite responsibility on behalf of NCL to have let non spring breakers be aware that this ship was marketed as such. My husband and I have been on over 20 ncl cruises, many of them music cruises, and we have never seen anything like this. My kids couldn't even access the pool through the entire duration. My 14 year old tried climbing in to a hot tub at one point and a fight broke out between the spring breakers warranting security to intervene. We couldn't enjoy our balcony because drunken people were screaming "land ahoy" at all hours, smoking weed, blasting music, and throwing things over board. This is in addition to the multiple bathrooms we went in that were laden with vomit.

We had a great time, but are very disappointed in NCL.

We travelled with kids and my 10 year old daughter was fishing beer cups out of the pool. For whatever reason they were allowed to have drinks in the pool and none of the regular pool rules applied to them. It was an absolute zoo.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

On the evening of Tuesday, March 6, 2018 a report was made that a guest aboard Norwegian Epic had gone overboard, while the ship was sailing near the Bahamas. As soon as the report was made, the ship maneuvered to allow the crew to begin a search. After recovery, the guest was taken to the onboard medical facility for evaluation. It has been reported that they are in a stable condition. The ship arrived in Port Canaveral this morning as scheduled. The guest immediately disembarked to receive any additional medical attention necessary on shore. We are thankful that our team reacted quickly and was able to rescue the guest. Our thoughts and prayers are with the guest and their family as they embark on the recovery process and our CARE team is providing support and assistance during this time.

Yes, kudos to the crew of the Epic for being able to react quickly enough to rescue this woman alive.

Kudos to all involved in this successful rescue.

Dear lord, thankful she was rescued! We were on Epic mid-March last year and there were a ton of college kids inboard...but I didn't think they were generally rowdy or misbehaved. Most were from North or South Carolina I recall. They didn't impact my cruise experience whatsoever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app