Navigator vs. Voyager??

Any opinions about the differences between the Navigator and the Voyager? We have taken 4 or 5 cruises with Regent, but never on the Navigator . We have a trip planned on Navigator and just wondering how it compares cabin-wise, and any general observations. Has the Navigator been upgraded recently?

Thanks

The suites on the Navigator are almost identical to those on the Voyager until you get up to the PH level where the suites are smaller than on the Voyager.

Like the Voyager, the Navigator has an aft vibration that bothers some people so I recommend getting a mid-ship suite on either ship. The Navigator also feels the "motion of the ocean" ore than the Voyager so also recommend being on a lower deck where you will feel it less.

The Navigator is considerably smaller than the Voyager and does not have a forward Observation Lounge. Instead, they have a large aft lounge. Navigator has one specialty restaurant - Prime 7. In my opinion, the Navigator is a smaller version of the Voyager and at times can seem too crowded if the weather is inclement outside and the passengers are all inside.

The Navigator was the first of Regent's older ships to be refurbished in the recent round of refurbishments. It is likely close to two years since she was refurbished.

The cabins are the same, except that Navigator does have a few with no balconies. We like both ships. Navigator is noticeably smaller, but that is both good and bad. Fewer dining venues, but the ones it has are excellent.

On both ships, avoid aft cabins and you should be fine.

Bellagio Cruisers, so do we. We had sailed on all the ships except Navigator until this year, when the itinerary we wanted to sail was on board Navigator. Based on what I'd read here, I boarded with trepidation, but need not have worried. Yes, Navigator is smaller than the other ships, yes, our suite wasn't as spacious as we're used to. But Navigator more than made up for that in the friendly atmosphere, the warmth of the people on board and the convenience of having everything no more than a step away. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the theatre is the best of all four ships IMHO. Not a bad seat in the house.

Gilly/others - Completely agree. I was tempted to weigh-in earlier but decided to wait to see what others had to say first. For some, an increased feeling of intermittent vibration (on Navigator) seems to bother them and therefore, they choose the other ships, instead. Perhaps some also feel a bit claustrophobic on this smaller ship, too. And then, there's the illusive "brown water" issue that some have experienced and other have never seen, or they just except it and work around it.

We like the small ship "feel" of Navigator, the intimacy, and it's not too far to walk to any venue. We find it easy to meet others on board and as Gilly stated, the theater is great (not a bad seat in the house) and the standard suites are quite spacious.

Drib could probably provide more info on this but it seems that the per diem rates on Navigator, for a lot of their itineraries, are a little more reasonable (i.e., cheaper) than some of the other Regent sailings. I know this isn't a "show-stopper" for most, but I found it a bit disappointing when they eliminated the Connoisseur Club a couple of years ago. I found CC to be a pleasurable little "oasis of solitude" tucked back in a quiet little corner of the ship. But I guess in this case, I had to surrender that pleasure to the "tyranny of the majority".

In the end, I guess we like both Voyager and Navigator equally well. I'm happy when I'm on any Regent cruise and look forward to cruising on both ships in the future.

For some reason I like the Navigator standard cabins slightly better than Voyager. They're supposed to be identical but I feel the layout is ever-so-slightly at variance. But whatever, they're both great.

As for Navigator's public spaces, it depends on the itinerary--what kind of itinerary are you considering? Cold weather/bad weather Navigator can feel a bit confining. We were on her in Alaska when the pool deck had to be closed because of wind and rain, and the inside did feel a bit crowded. But it was also great fun and I didn't mind it, we certainly got to fraternize with out fellow cruisers! Nav is also a bit bouncier at times than Voyager.

Navigator has a great rear-facing lounge, with outdoor seating. No forward panorama lounge, but I liked what it had. But Voyager is a a great ship, and on balance, other things being equal, I would choose her.

We've been on all the Regent ships, we would rate them in order Explorer, but not in a lower level suite, Navigator our most days, in a deck 5 window or deck 6 balcony suite, Voyager mid ship forward and last Mariner but only in a shower only suite. For value the Navigator or Voyager, our next two cruises, are best in our opinion.

We've been on both - and in Penthouse suite on the Voyager, Navigator Suite on the Navigator. PH suite on Voyager was very disappointing and I would book a "normal" suite next time. Which is the same as the PH suite on the Navigator. Very spacious.

We did a trans-Atlantic and a Caribbean cruise on the Navigator. The lack of forward Observation Lounge is a problem. Everyone piles into Gallileo's for Trivia and tea and it gets very crowded. Vibration didn't bother us much but then our cabins were mid-ship. Basically I find the Navigator quite acceptable but prefer Voyager!

Navigator has a great rear-facing lounge, with outdoor seating. No forward panorama lounge, but I liked what it had. But Voyager is a a great ship, and on balance, other things being equal, I would choose her.

If you mean Galileo's Lounge, it appears that aft-facing windows have been mostly blocked off by a bandstand/small stage put in front of them and there is no aft view. Outside seating still appears to be there, but inside seating seemed quite cramped (too many chairs too close together).

If you mean Galileo's Lounge, it appears that aft-facing windows have been mostly blocked off by a bandstand/small stage put in front of them and there is no aft view. Outside seating still appears to be there, but inside seating seemed quite cramped (too many chairs too close together).

I strongly hope they will figure out this is a huge mistake! When the band is playing it is night and they can be anywhere in that room. We need that view!!!

Regent...please read and reconsider.

I strongly hope they will figure out this is a huge mistake! When the band is playing it is night and they can be anywhere in that room. We need that view!!!

Regent...please read and reconsider.

+! Yes, too bad if they ruined it with the last renovation. When we did Alaska on Navigator, that room was the main viewing room when it was too cold or wet to be outside.

Our first Regent cruise was on the Voyager and really loved the ship, outlay etc and had a really good ambience.

We went on the Navigator just after the refurb in a PH suite and have to say the suite was beautiful but the ship itself seemed a bit too small for us personally.

I really missed the Observation lounge and as others have stated the lounge where the trivia is held felt very cramped and also dark. We really didn't enjoy the coloured lighting in Compass Rose either.

Unfortunately i don't think we would book on Navigator again even though there are itineraries we would like but everyone has their own objectives when choosing a cruise.

Pam.

There is colored lighting on the Voyager as well (since the refurbishment). We no longer sail on the Navigator due to the way it handles the sea, the lack of a forward lounge, the lack of larger suites (that are not under the swimming pool) and the usually crowded La Veranda. We all have choices and we choose not to sail on the Navigator. In my opinion, the Navigator is a great entry level ship.

What is an "entry level" ship?We started with Radisson on the Navigator and it is still our all time favorite, We have not been on the Explorer.

Our first Radisson ship was the Paul Gauguin. It was small and quite lovely -- it got us hooked on the product, but, when we went on the Voyager, it was an even better experience (larger ship - larger suites - more public spaces). The Navigator used to be priced quite a bit less than the other ships. I cannot in all honesty recommend the Navigator as highly as I would rate Regent's other ships. Yes - there are people like yourself that love her but there are quite a few of us that will no longer sail on the Navigator (note: Using "us" in the context of the hundred plus people that regularly sail on Regent and have the same TA).

Amazing the number of diamond and titanium members who have been done the World Cruise on the Navigator the past two years and are signed up for next year on this entry level ship. Hope I didn't miss a comma.😀

I was more interested in the "entry level " ship reference. The fact that 100 people using a particular agent out of a huge Regent customer data base seems irrelevant. We actually did come upon the Navigator early on and love the fact that it is a very comfortable and homey feeling ship and always with a crew to match. We want to feel like we are on a ship and expect to feel movement. I feel that this ship has retained the original vibe that makes it so special without any pretensions. It must be performing well financially and seems to have a steady, core base of customers who are not entry level sailors by any means.

One of the things which put me off Navigator for some time was the constant "we will no longer sail Navigator because of x...." I have been reading these boards for years and lost count of the times I read the same opinions over and again. On this occasion I'm pleased that we chose to overlook them in favour of an itinerary we wanted to sail, because we enjoyed the experience immensely. Actually, I'm pleased that particular group of people no longer sail on her because it means there is more room for those of us who continue to appreciate aspects of whatever (Regent) ship happens to be sailing the journey we wish to make.

One of the things which put me off Navigator for some time was the constant "we will no longer sail Navigator because of x...." I have been reading these boards for years and lost count of the times I read the same opinions over and again. On this occasion I'm pleased that we chose to overlook them in favour of an itinerary we wanted to sail, because we enjoyed the experience immensely. Actually, I'm pleased that particular group of people no longer sail on her because it means there is more room for those of us who continue to appreciate aspects of whatever (Regent) ship happens to be sailing the journey we wish to make.

There's no doubt it's a great little ship. I would definitely sail her again but I'd have to persuade my husband, and it would have to be a warm-weather itinerary I think, although even the "coziness" of the ship in bad weather is kind of appealing to me. It channels the intimacy of the Paul Gauguin, which was also my introduction to Regent and continues to be my all-time favourite ship, so much so that I've been back 6 times.

I too find the concept of a 'starter ship' vaguely offensive. And which travel agent that people use, I'm not sure how that's relevant to anyone, or why the comment was made (and I'm probably one of the 100, lol.)

There's no doubt it's a great little ship. I would definitely sail her again but I'd have to persuade my husband, and it would have to be a warm-weather itinerary I think, although even the "coziness" of the ship in bad weather is kind of appealing to me. It channels the intimacy of the Paul Gauguin, which was also my introduction to Regent and continues to be my all-time favourite ship, so much so that I've been back 6 times.

I too find the concept of a 'starter ship' vaguely offensive. And which travel agent that people use, I'm not sure how that's relevant to anyone, or why the comment was made (and I'm probably one of the 100, lol.)

I think you may have expressed exactly what I was trying to convey and we are definitely not in the "100" club. thank you

We are on the Navigator now.

I think those aboard would be offended to have this warm and intimate ship called “entry level”! It demeans its guests. There are gold, platinum and titanium members aboard. The food and service are simply the best! The guests are so friendly. It is a wonderful cruise.

We also love Explorer. And, are booked on a future Splendor cruise. It’s just a different type of ship. Glitzy doesn’t make it a higher level.

Sheila