Printing Luggage Tags - Must they be in Colour?

Barbara60

I don't have a colour printer, (I don't think anyway) Can our luggage tags be black and white?

What I do is color the in with markers. NO, just kidding. I have a only black printer and that has all ways been fine.

What I do do is put some clear packing tape on the tag after I fold it.

We always do the black and white. Save the color.

We also wrap in packing tape and slip it into the plastic holder. We also tag out tote bags, camera bags, and any other important loose items. When we fly, we also put one inside the luggage with a sheet of paper that has our travel info.. It has our address, phone number, cruise info., and dates of travel in case of lost luggage or ripped off tags.

Tai

We always do the black and white. Save the color.

We also wrap in packing tape and slip it into the plastic holder. We also tag out tote bags, camera bags, and any other important loose items. When we fly, we also put one inside the luggage with a sheet of paper that has our travel info.. It has our address, phone number, cruise info., and dates of travel in case of lost luggage or ripped off tags.

Tai

I agree with Onboard2005: great idea, include a small document in each of your luggage, with travel information to and travel information for your home destination, include name address phone, e-mail, ship name dates, etc.

I agree with Onboard2005: great idea, include a small document in each of your luggage, with travel information to and travel information for your home destination, include name address phone, e-mail, ship name dates, etc.

Thank you. I include all of that.

I have it saved on my computer and just change the travel/ship name, dates, etc. as needed.

Tai

ive never flown to a cruise but heard you shouldnt put the tags on until you get to the port so the airlines dont mess them up

i also checked my tags and theres nothing color specific to them. they list my cabin number and luggage door number and those are the only important things. (well the embark date /port too )

also i did buy the cruise critic tags and found them pretty good. even though people may tell you the paper tags have never gotten lost, no way id trust them alone.

ive never flown to a cruise but heard you shouldnt put the tags on until you get to the port so the airlines dont mess them up. Some people prefer to put them on before the flight so if your bag is delayed, the airline has a better idea where it should go. If you do get to claim your luggage at the airport, just have extra tags with you in case the tags on the luggage did get damaged.

i also checked my tags and theres nothing color specific to them. they list my cabin number and luggage door number and those are the only important things. (well the embark date /port too ) In the past the only color was the priority status at the top of the page.

See above in red

ive never flown to a cruise but heard you shouldnt put the tags on until you get to the port so the airlines dont mess them up

i also checked my tags and theres nothing color specific to them. they list my cabin number and luggage door number and those are the only important things. (well the embark date /port too )

also i did buy the cruise critic tags and found them pretty good. even though people may tell you the paper tags have never gotten lost, no way id trust them alone.

In the past we did not put them on prior to flying.

Now if we fly in the same day we put them on before we leave the house for the exact reasons in red in the above post.

If we fly in a day or 2 prior to the cruise we put them on before we leave the hotel for the port.

In the past we did not put them on prior to flying.

Now if we fly in the same day we put them on before we leave the house for the exact reasons in red in the above post.

If we fly in a day or 2 prior to the cruise we put them on before we leave the hotel for the port.

We do the same. :)

If you put the tags on before you fly to the port, the airport gorillas (commonly known as baggage handlers) have a good chance of tearing them off before you get them back at the destination airport. We always arrive at least a day in advance and put our tags on in the hotel before proceeding to the port. That way we can be sure that they will still be there. We have printed them in color and in b/w without any problems.

We have tried different types of carriers for the tags and they all were destroyed by the ship handlers. Our latest we obtained from Amazon seem to be able to hand up to the baggage handlers so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BVF8L6/?coliid=I36DBXHMO5AD2X&colid=Y9ULM3NLLBTA&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Cruise Tags Luggage Etag Holders Zip Seal & Steel Loops Thick PVC