Food on Pacific Explorer

ozscot01

We're new to P&O and have just booked Pacific Explorer. I'm very much looking forward to the change of pace but have one big concern (of the first world variety)

One of our group is a teenage boy who is the proverbial bottomless pit. How late can we expect The Pantry to be open for late night snacks? Should we be suggesting a sandwich or the like stored in the cabin fridge? I really don't want an emergency call in the morning that he's expired from starvation in the night [emoji849]

Thank you all for hopefully putting my mind at rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The pantry is open for dinner 5:30 pm till 9pm, 6:30 am to 10:30 am for breakfast and 11:30 am to 2:30pm for lunch.

You can get ready made sandwiches and store them in the fridge no problem. They also have things like nachos, papadams, pastries etc that can be put aside in your cabin.

Luke's grill is open 11am to 11 pm for $5 burgers ,$4 hot dogs, $4 chicken wings etc.

400 gradi sells pizzas ( $10 each) till late (up to midnight sometimes)

Also chips, chocolates etc are available for purchase at the ship's store.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by andlep
Autocorrect

THanks Scyl, I don't plan on mentioning room service [emoji51]

I know that he won't actually perish from hunger, he's not so sure. Planning is key and if he forgets to organise snacks one night, he'll remember the next!

Am I able to take snacks like Mars Bars or Shapes on board? As I said, new to P&O and I'm not generally a rule breaker.

THanks Scyl, I don't plan on mentioning room service [emoji51]

Am I able to take snacks like Mars Bars or Shapes on board? As I said, new to P&O and I'm not generally a rule breaker.

Yep as long as the packets are sealed.

We took Pringles and nuts with us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

We always bring snacks, and while we certainly don't go hungry sometimes find that you want something salty, sweet, crunchy etc that you may not get from P&O supplied food. The shop can be very expensive so we do take a selection of prepackaged food for those cravings.

If you are going ashore prepacked snacks are great. While you can return to the ship for food, having a bar or such like in your bag can make a real difference. You should not take off anything that is not wrapped (e.g. fruit, sandwiches etc) for biosecurity reasons.

If your boy is like mine and doesn't particularly like drinking water or soft drinks you can also take drink powder like raro or gatorade.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking I'll take a roll of Glad Wrap and he can keep a stash of cheese, crackers and sandwiches in the fridge.

And chocolate, we'll go broke if we have to buy that onboard [emoji33]

I would bring crackers for the cheese, the ones on ships always leave me disappointed as they tend to be salteens or some weak arsed cracker.

Good idea Uncle Mic, I generally pack a couple of packs of 'Peckish Rice Crackers.':p

Even a box of those little French cream cheeses in foil - don't need to refrigerate.

• 2 weeks later...