Solo dining on Silversea ?

Archipelago

I am considering a Silversea cruise as supplements are really good. Does Silversea have hosted tables like Seabourn ? Are there any solo traveling guys here on the Silversea board that can share their experience on a Silversea ship ? Does Silversea have trivia ?

If you're talking the Spirit and thinking of either the Sep 10th TA crossing or the Nov 5th repo NYC - Barbados, I will be sailing both of those (solo) and I can assure you there will be trivia ... taken very seriously trivia ... almost a blood sport trivia .... sharpened swizzle sticks at dawn trivia ...

No but really, the trivia is serious in the sense that it's not mucking around but it is meant to be fun, you should have no problem joining a team. There are usually loads of solos on Silversea cruises that have the 25% supplement, there will be a cocktail gathering each evening at 7pm for any solos who care to attend, and often solos dine together if they wish, frequently on a hosted table. You'll have no difficulty meeting people.

Silversea treats solos very well, give it a try.

Jolly Jones is absolutely right. Silversea is solo friendly. Trivia is a wonderful place to meet people. Try to find a team which is either just forming, or needs a particular nationality. Sometimes this can make you VERY popular..An all British, or American team will drool for an Aussie! Canadians are gold too! You can’t imagine how much fun SS Trivia can be! Very competitive, and yet, a lot of fun! One of my fondest memories was being on a team which was TERRIBLE and these much fun.

And, try to let the Restaurant manager know that you want to be seated with both singles and couples. I have found that most SS passengers are very well traveled, open and friendly...and interested in what you are bringing to the “party”.

I think it’s definitely worth your time to go to the singles gathering at least at the beginning of the cruise...just to scope it out...over a drink..no commitments or expectations, but it will help make you feel oriented.

The TAs are particularly good for making new friends. Let us know how you enjoy this new adventure.