Labels

eliana

Just finished packing and trying to fix labels. What is Cunard playing at. Why no proper labels. Just a sheet of paper which you have to fold and clip the ends together. Utterly useless.

We hope this is not Cunard’s new standard, or our cruise starting tomorrow will be a disaster.

We received neither an excursion booklet nor plastic labels, just paper ones. It looks as if Cunard are not only cutting back but don’t really want us to go. Maybe they’ve even arranged the icy/snowy weather so our car from London to Southampton won’t make it.

We received neither an excursion booklet nor plastic labels, just paper ones. It looks as if Cunard are not only cutting back but don’t really want us to go. Maybe they’ve even arranged the icy/snowy weather so our car from London to Southampton won’t make it.

I've been following your comments.

Try and ignore what you perceive are negatives and think positively. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and I also hope Cunard might just pass muster with you, or even better, you enjoy the experience.

We're boarding QV on Tuesday and, a few weeks ago, Cunard sent us an Excursion Booklet with plastic labels in it. About 10 days ago our travel agent sent us a printout of our e-tickets. If we ever print our own labels we've got some plastic ticket holders that we bought from Cruise Critic a few years back. Like Adammara, I would recommend covering your paper tickets with cellotape - this is what I used to do before we bought the plastic holders. Here's the link for the luggage label holders:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

I wish you a safe journey to Southampton tomorrow and hope you have a FAB cruise.

Edited by Happyboating
To add link for luggage label holders

We just cut to size and laminate them , punch a hole in the ends and tie them on with string.

Same here. Probably just about the only time we use our laminator anymore. Here's hoping we will continue to need to use it for many more years to come.

And leave the laminated ( scotch taped) 'labels' on your luggage once you unpack, and store the luggage in your stateroom.

They now serve as the DISEMBARK LABELS !! This was the case, for us, disembarking QM2 on 11/26 at Red Hook

(Brooklyn, NY).

If you have signed up for CUNARD transfers, for your disembarking, you DO get new Labels, while on board.

If you go off, on your own...... you get no "new" labels....... the old ones are what is now the normal routine,

and the system works fine..... our luggage was in the huge warehouse/hall, categorized by deck 6

As far as I know, if you book the Cunard Fare with a cabin number, you get labels in the back of your excursions booklet.

If you book the Early Saver fare, you get an excursions booklet but have to print your own labels when your cabin is assigned.

If you book the (late) Saver fare, you don't get either labels or an excursion booklet.

I quite like them, in the fact that I don’t have to fill anything in.

I don’t bother with extra tape, just staple them with about 20 staples.

I always print off an extra label and just lay the paper inside the suitcase incase the label falls off.

If I’m doing a fly cruise, then the stapler comes with me and the labels get applied just before I leave the airport! I have a well travelled stapler.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Forums

As far as I know, if you book the Cunard Fare with a cabin number, you get labels in the back of your excursions booklet.

If you book the Early Saver fare, you get an excursions booklet but have to print your own labels when your cabin is assigned.

If you book the (late) Saver fare, you don't get either labels or an excursion booklet.

Ah, that explains why we sometimes get them and why sometimes we don't as, over the years, we've booked all three fare options (Cunard, Early Saver and Late Saver)