credit card warning

white scorpion

I had phone call from my bank about unusual payments on my credit card, the only time I have used said card in past month was with p&o and first time I have had to register card at check in. I am not accusing anyone but would like to point this out. This has never happened to me before as I never use the card in shops or restaurants and never let the card out of my sight, one of the payments was with wizzair from overseas.

I had phone call from my bank about unusual payments on my credit card, the only time I have used said card in past month was with p&o and first time I have had to register card at check in. I am not accusing anyone but would like to point this out. This has never happened to me before as I never use the card in shops or restaurants and never let the card out of my sight, one of the payments was with wizzair from overseas.

Has your bank informed you in writing with details of where and when all transactions have taken place and have you used credit card on the internet and have you informed P&O.

Do you mean 'unusual charges' ? You stated payments, just threw me off. Anyone who wants to make payments on my card(s) can ... any day of the week in any amount they want. :)

Payments! Charges !, wizzair charged me ,I made a payment, however how do sellers let these people buy online things without three digit security code and surely they have to give a name to authenticate purchase.

I,m glad my bank picked up the said charge/payment anyway.

If your card has been cloned, they will have got the security code too, I believe.

A cloned card from a skimmer will only have the details from the magnetic stripe, which are the details from the front of the card.

The CVV is only printed on the rear of the card, so to have it someone must have seen the card.

That is what I do not understand, I only use the card online and when in my stateroom it is in the safe. I have only used the card in the past two months to pay my onboard aurora bill and it has never been used for anything outside of my house.:confused:

There is your answer - you have used the card online where you have disclosed the CVV. It is likely that someone has accessed your data and possibly sold it on.

That happened to me and the user purchased airline tickets which were dispatched by email on the day of purchase. The person who did it flew from Heathrow to Paris the following day. My bank gave me that information when I queried the transaction on my statement.

Further to that they had my postcode but supplied the wrong house number to the airline.

My bank refunded the money and issued a new card.