Sky Deck Plans Up

need2cruisesoon

Looked at the plans

Small Positives

No Sea Walk replaced by decking

Wake View Pool

Really Big Negatives

No Crooner's, This is a really BIG negative, a why should I bother to book on this ship, replaced by a French Bistro

Very small Retreat Pool Area with no real space around it for lounge chairs, and with cabins right across a hallway.

Princess Live is still there, one of the worst venues Princess ever placed on a ship.

Questions

Is it possible that the Retreat Pool and sitting area above are covered and will be used as a lounge during the evening?

Not that happy about the Wake View Pool - we like relaxing on the casual seating they have on the Regal and Royal on the Horizon Terrace and missed it on the Majestic.

By moving Alfredos up to deck 7, does that mean you walk through it like you did for the French Bistro on Majestic? (horrible).

Looked at the plans

Small Positives

No Sea Walk replaced by decking

Wake View Pool

Really Big Negatives

No Crooner's, This is a really BIG negative, a why should I bother to book on this ship, replaced by a French Bistro

Very small Retreat Pool Area with no real space around it for lounge chairs, and with cabins right across a hallway.

Princess Live is still there, one of the worst venues Princess ever placed on a ship.

Questions

Is it possible that the Retreat Pool and sitting area above are covered and will be used as a lounge during the evening?

Agree with the big negatives. We pretty much live at Crooners during the evening. Also MUTS on deck 18?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with the big negatives. We pretty much live at Crooners during the evening. Also MUTS on deck 18?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:o How can you get rid of Crooners?!? We live there as well, lol. So disappointed.

I may have to retract my previous comment saying I would book the Sky when it re-positioned to USA.

The Royal is my favorite Princess ship to date.

Hi,

There are a number of interesting changes. As mentioned above, a block of staterooms has been added to Sun Deck that surrounds the Retreat Pool. The area around this pool is much smaller and there will no longer be sea views from this pool. Two large suites have been added to Sky Deck. Also, the main pool area on Lido Deck has been reconfigured to provide two full-sized pools (it looks like the fountain feature has been eliminated). Also, as noted above, the SeaWalk and SeaView Bar are gone. I actually liked these areas on the Royal and Regal. For the most part, the changes aren't positive.

Chuck

Doesn’t look like a ship I would book. I love have views by the aft retreat pool and Crooners has been mine and most of the people I have cruised with favorite bar. On our family cruise on the Regal we went to Crooners every evening. We had our favorite table and the servers knew us. Plus, we enjoyed a few afternoons there as well.

By the fountain pool, just wondering what will be the outlet that now has the Noodle Bar and the Lobster Grill on Majestic. Will it be back to Pizza and Trident Grill?

I read a Princess promotion of the Sky which showed the newer versions...Slice & Salty Dog Grill...that were added during the Caribbean’s drydock earlier this year.

Nice to know Slice is back. Thanks!

You’re welcome but it’s a different menu than Prego & Trident Grill and look forward to trying Slice & Salty Dog Grill.

Slice: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Slice-Menu.pdf

Salty Dog Grill: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Salty-Dog-Grill-Menu.pdf

You’re welcome but it’s a different menu than Prego & Trident Grill and look forward to trying Slice & Salty Dog Grill.

Slice: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Slice-Menu.pdf

Salty Dog Grill: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Salty-Dog-Grill-Menu.pdf

You are right. Prego & Slice have different menu. I liked the Meatballs & Cheese at Slice and the Ernesto Burger at Salty Dog on the CB last Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums