Regent vs Silversea for a crossing

asoe28

We have been loyal to Crystal since 1993, but as my husband’s mobility has declined, we are restricting our itineraries to those rich in sea days. Crossings are the best, and we have two to look forward to on Crystal. But, we need one for the spring of 2019. The choice is between Silversea Spirit and Regent’s Voyager. All thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Abby

I have done a crossing on the Voyager. Not on Silversea.

If you are used to all the enrichment on Crystal, you will find yourself with limited things to do on Voyager. The offerings during the day are more simple. On Crystal your sea days leave you with so many lectures, classes, movies etc.

On Regent there may be one thing to do and If I had not taken the Cordon Bleu program on my crossing, there was little to do. We did do Bridge lessons. A cooking demo or shopping lecture. Tea and Trivia.

We've done several crossings both Spring and Fall. The Spring crossings are usually calmer. We have done both Voyager and Spirit on crossings and have enjoyed both. Don't do Regent anymore because of their smoking policy and management. The Spirit is a bit smaller than the Voyager with fewer pax and it's a better ride due to the hull design. If you're non-smokers you really can't go wrong with either one. It would all depend on the route. I'd go for the more southerly route of the 2.

We have been loyal to Crystal since 1993, but as my husband’s mobility has declined, we are restricting our itineraries to those rich in sea days. Crossings are the best, and we have two to look forward to on Crystal. But, we need one for the spring of 2019. The choice is between Silversea Spirit and Regent’s Voyager. All thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Abby

Have sailed on the Spirit for a transatlantic. Definitely recommend it for the crossing in the Spring.

We've done a crossing on Crystal Symphony....late August, early Sept. Loved the itinerary although you do run the risk of bad weather. We had COLD conditions as it was a northern route. Saw ice bergs (very cool...haha, literally!).

We've also done a crossing on the Regent Explorer, a more southern route. Weather wasn't wonderful but still had a good time.

Considering the Spirit Sept crossing for '18. Yes, I know...the weather. But we much prefer the itinerary and we'd only need to fly over. The less time I can be in an airport, the happier I am!