Is there a problem taking two Princess excursions back to back

SpokaneDave

We have done similar in the past. We did not have any issues. But of course there could have been problems. Most obvious is if the first excursion runs late then you could miss the second one.

Hi.

We have two princess excursions, one ending at 11:45 and the next starting at 12:40. Might there a problem making the second one?

Dave

The official Princess answer is in FAQ: Excursions under "Multiple Excursions in One Port": "Allow at least 60 minutes between each excursion. All excursions depart from, and return to, the cruise ship pier. By scheduling in this manner, you will have sufficient time to take multiple excursions."

You are cutting it close. Your two excursions only have 55 minutes between them, so they violate these instructions. If you miss the second excursion, Princess could use this violation as a reason not to refund the money you paid for the second excursion. I would never book DW on excursions this close together because she walks slowly and I would not expect her to be able to get to the other excursion on time if time were limited.

If you really, really want to go on both of these excursions, I would book them both in advance and check with the Shore Excursion desk onboard before the cancellation deadline for these excursions. I would ask them whether or not there would be a problem and whether or not I would receive a refund if I missed the second excursion because of late return by the first one. If the agent says it's OK, I would take notes on the name of the person I talked with, the date and time of the conversation, and exactly what the agent said.

I would book them and then speak to the excursion desk once onboard. They will be able to advise you properly.

What port will you be in?

In Skagway. Sled dogs followed by White Pass railway.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. We’ll check with the excursion desk once we get onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the advice everyone. We’ll check with the excursion desk once we get onboard.

Are you doing sled dogs on wheels or on a glacier? It appears you are going late August. Many sled dog excursions on glaciers are cancelled around then due to lack of snow on glacier. The week changes every year as conditions are different every year.

Did this only opposite. Be advised there is limited to no take out food service at the restaurants by the piers. Guess how I know.

Did this only opposite. Be advised there is limited to no take out food service at the restaurants by the piers. Guess how I know.

I have done this before - rushed onboard and got a hot dog or hamburger, quickly ate it and was ready for next tour.

Most sled dog stuff in Skagway are in a fake camp at the north end of town. So it shouldn't be a problem getting back to the dock for the train. While the train picks up both on the dock and in town, the Princess cars only load on the dock.

Most sled dog stuff in Skagway are in a fake camp at the north end of town. So it shouldn't be a problem getting back to the dock for the train. While the train picks up both on the dock and in town, the Princess cars only load on the dock.

They do both in Skagway.