Fascination Water Works???

CruiznWithHubby

I am THIIIIIIIIIIIIS close to booking my entire family on the Fascination in several cabins for September,,,I love the itinerary,,,would love it to be 7 days which it is not, but if I'm paying for the group of us, she's a great bargain!!! DH and I will do a 7 day alone together:D

However, my grandson will be 8, and I KNOW he'd love the Waterworks,,,,and I heard Fascination doesn't have one,,,,

Anyone know when or if they are getting it??? It's not a deal changer,,,,I'd just like to know,,,I STILL love that it goes to the private Island,,,

and do they at least have the spiral slide into the pool if not the waterworks??? I think that would make him happy:D

Holly

Found this:

All eight Fantasy class ships will be renovated as part of the “Evolutions of Fun” enhancements during their scheduled dry dock and will be completed by end of year 2012.

• Carnival Inspiration: Evolutions of Fun completed during dry dock (9/01/07-10/03/07)
  • Carnival Imagination: Evolutions of Fun completed during dry dock (10/13/07-11/14/07)
  • Carnival Fantasy: dry dock 9/06/08-10/03/08
  • Carnival Paradise: dry dock TBA
  • Carnival Ecstasy: dry dock TBA
  • Carnival Sensation: dry dock 1/08/09-2/11/09
  • Carnival Fascination: dry dock TBA
  • Carnival Elation: dry dock TBA

Doesn't really answer your question, sorry.

Link:

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/Shipboard%20Knowledge/ShipFeatures/WaterWorks.html

Found this:

All eight Fantasy class ships will be renovated as part of the “Evolutions of Fun” enhancements during their scheduled dry dock and will be completed by end of year 2012.

• Carnival Inspiration: Evolutions of Fun completed during dry dock (9/01/07-10/03/07)
  • Carnival Imagination: Evolutions of Fun completed during dry dock (10/13/07-11/14/07)
  • Carnival Fantasy: dry dock 9/06/08-10/03/08
  • Carnival Paradise: dry dock TBA
  • Carnival Ecstasy: dry dock TBA
  • Carnival Sensation: dry dock 1/08/09-2/11/09
  • Carnival Fascination: dry dock TBA
  • Carnival Elation: dry dock TBA

Doesn't really answer your question, sorry.

Link:

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/Shipboard%20Knowledge/ShipFeatures/WaterWorks.html

that's pretty much all I found too!! Thanks for checking,,,,,,,if they don't have the waterworks, that's fine,,,,,but I'd LOVE to know that they'll still have the spiral slide into the pool,,,,

where's Hockey Addict,,,,lol,,,she just went on that ship!!!

Holly

Was going to say, I don't think they have removed the spiral slide into the pool on any of the Fantasy class ships that haven't gone through the renovation completely.

On the virtual tour page for Fascination:

The Carnival Fascination offers three pools, including one with spiral waterslide.

We are going onthe Imagination next month - why not book one that already has the "Waterworks" - there are some great deals out there.

because we want to go to the private island :) It looks gorgeous,,,,,,and we'd love to cruise out of ANYWHERE in FL but Miami :) would DO it if we had to,,,,,,but would rather avoid it,,, Holly

Yes fascination has the one spiral slide, and it goes directly into the pool. No water works yet and there in no known public schedule when the water works will be added. Only thing I could find was that all Fanstasy class ships are suppose to have water works and serenity(adult only area) by the end of 2009.

We sailed the Fascination in October 2008 and, as others have stated, it still has that spiral slide. However, the slide is supervised at the top by Camp Carnival employees and children under 48 inches tall aren't allowed to use the slide. Some of the Camp Carnival employees were enforcing the rule more strictly than others, and my son (who is under 48 inches tall) rode the slide several dozen times throughout the cruise.

Your grandson is in for a rude surprise when he splashes into the pool at the bottom of the slide and gets a nose full of salt water! LOL

You'll love Half Moon Cay and so will your grandson. The beach there is truly awesome.

I'm here!! They have the one twisty blue slide....

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

In Half Moon Cay they have little slides there too. Sorry I didn't go down to that end so I don't have any pics of it.

Don't forget on the Promenade Aft there is a kids pool!! It's 3' something deep

DSC_0109.jpg

• 1 month later...

When we were booking Fascination for Jan 2009, it is the wrong week for our kids' 2-day school week, it was the wrong week for our spring break 2009, and I think it is wrong for Jan 2010. I think the first time it potentially works for us is spring break 2010. Why don't they do more HMC and less Nassau? I mean they own the island, so why not use it more? I have seen Nassau more times I care to and actually slept through it when we went there on Glory. :)

Archived