Has Princess changed their cancellation policy?

chamima

No idea. I can tell you their 24 hour hold hasn't been functioning properly. I put a hold on an Alaskan Connoisseur Cruisetour so we could discuss whether or not we can fit it in with our other plans. It was a non-refundable deposit so I did the hold rather than booking. It was supposed to "fall off" by the 14th. Despite the fact that we hadn't paid any deposit it just kept showing up in my personalizer and showed that it was "booked" but would be canceled if we didn't pay by the June 10 final payment date. Finally, it has disappeared this morning - 3 days late. It was still showing at around 11:00 PM last night. I've never had that happen before. We had agreed that, if it was still showing today we definitely needed to call Princess and tell them to drop the hold so we weren't holding up inventory. The Connoisseur tours only have so many spots available and it would be really nasty to just hang onto the cruise while still dithering.

Thrak

I think the hold is more like 48 or 72 hours. I've used holds a couple of times and they lasted longer than 24 hours.

Pretty sure it's 72 hours, but not totally positive.

Probably more than 24 but the email I got had a countdown timer and said it would be voided if not paid by the 14th. The timer expired long ago. (The mail with the countdown timer is something I haven't gotten in the past.) I was surprised it only finally fell off this morning on the 17th. I just figured it's the typical Princess IT working as "well" as usual.

Back to the original question - has anyone heard anything about a change in Princess's cancellation policy this week?

Go back and read post #2. Poster kindly links you to the active conversation about the changes, with the changes also detailed out.

Thrak

I think the hold is more like 48 or 72 hours. I've used holds a couple of times and they lasted longer than 24 hours.

Pretty sure it's 72 hours, but not totally positive.

A TA put a hold on a cruise for me yesterday(17th) and it doesn't fall off until the 20th!

Probably more than 24 but the email I got had a countdown timer and said it would be voided if not paid by the 14th. The timer expired long ago. (The mail with the countdown timer is something I haven't gotten in the past.) I was surprised it only finally fell off this morning on the 17th. I just figured it's the typical Princess IT working as "well" as usual.

Maybe too busy with other "issues"!

Go back and read post #2. Poster kindly links you to the active conversation about the changes, with the changes also detailed out.

I read it the first time it was posted and just re-read it.

The only change outlined there was in the days before final payment is due.

I "heard" there were more significant changes and wanted to verify or dispel what I heard.

I read it the first time it was posted and just re-read it.

The only change outlined there was in the days before final payment is due.

I "heard" there were more significant changes and wanted to verify or dispel what I heard.

The changes in final payment dates are significant.

If you've "heard" something else, why not ask about what you've "heard"? No one can read your mind about what you're looking for...

If you've "heard" something else, why not ask about what you've "heard"? No one can read your mind about what you're looking for...

Because I don't want to start (or perpetuate) something that might be just a rumor.

It's been my experience that when people ask is this true (e.g. " did you hear that a blue dog was born? " (I chose something ridiculous on purpose) then someone else misreads it and passes it on as fact.

(AND - if the person who "told" me about a change only heard about the dates, then what I was concerned about above, actually happened)

• 2 weeks later...
(AND - if the person who "told" me about a change only heard about the dates, then what I was concerned about above, actually happened)

Karen - Could you please contact me to confirm I should continue to hold 2 places for you on the Patrick's Pago Pago excursion while on the Oct Emerald Princess cruise. A post on that thread would be appreciated. valbob89

Karen - Could you please contact me to confirm I should continue to hold 2 places for you on the Patrick's Pago Pago excursion while on the Oct Emerald Princess cruise. A post on that thread would be appreciated. valbob89

Hey! Hi Val and Bob!!! We had this cruise booked but then canceled it to book a different one to ports we hadn't been to before! So we are going to do the Med Grand Adventure in October. 25 days from Barcelona/Italy/Greece/TA! Reba is going too!

Have fun on your cruise...loved Patrick's tour! But wait...wasn't that in Bora Bora?

Just posted on that thread to confirm.

Sorry - I've been traveling a lot and so not looking at the boards recently.