Yet still another Princess Sale July 17 - Sept 24

MCC retired

I wish that some of the pricing on this new sale was floating around out there somewhere....

Princess actually raising fares on inside cabins on our cruise, during the current promotion is just awful.

yes, this!!!

for the current sale the pricing on insides went up for mine too. i was upgraded to an obstructed view but i would gladly downgrade if i could save money.

You can book any cruise with a refundable deposit, just pay a little more.....I have a feeling FCD are going to be gng away.....

How do you book with a non-refundable deposit? I'm going through the booking process online and not seeing that option.

princess' on-line booking is refundable unless a pop up box tells you otherwise.

The terms of the sale say the 10% deposit is non-refundable, so I assume that's the case unless I see something when booking that indicates otherwise.

For comparison, I was also pricing a Royal Caribbean itinerary, and when booking online I was actually given the choice of two different prices, a lower non-refundable price and a slightly higher refundable price. That's what I was hoping to see on the Princess site.

The terms of the sale say the 10% deposit is non-refundable, so I assume that's the case unless I see something when booking that indicates otherwise.

For comparison, I was also pricing a Royal Caribbean itinerary, and when booking online I was actually given the choice of two different prices, a lower non-refundable price and a slightly higher refundable price. That's what I was hoping to see on the Princess site.

Call Princess or ask your TA to get non sale, refundable pricing. I did and the difference was $70 pp.

I wish that some of the pricing on this new sale was floating around out there somewhere....

Princess actually raising fares on inside cabins on our cruise, during the current promotion is just awful.

After booking over 20 Princess Cruises, I have learned to disregard any and all sales. My method is to book a cruise when I want to and then do the fake booking daily to see about price drops. Usually the “sales” never impact my cruises’ prices. The only real drops (or increases) are related to how the cruise is selling. That being said, the real drops occur after final payment in flash sales. I have been successful in getting my price adjusted or cabin upgraded in a few but not all cases. Princess air also fluctuates and I have gotten some wonderful reductions in the past. By the way, Princess will adjust the air even if you are using a TA. Note: you may have to rebook your seats after a flight adjustment.

After booking over 20 Princess Cruises, I have learned to disregard any and all sales. My method is to book a cruise when I want to and then do the fake booking daily to see about price drops. Usually the “sales” never impact my cruises’ prices. The only real drops (or increases) are related to how the cruise is selling. That being said, the real drops occur after final payment in flash sales. I have been successful in getting my price adjusted or cabin upgraded in a few but not all cases. Princess air also fluctuates and I have gotten some wonderful reductions in the past. By the way, Princess will adjust the air even if you are using a TA. Note: you may have to rebook your seats after a flight adjustment.

Great info, thanks Judy.

This is usually how I book when I can. Get the best deals.

It could be worse. They could offer the second guest sails at 50% off like Royal Caribbean does all year long. They just continue to raise the price of the fist guest. As long as they are honoring 50% off the second guest they can charge the first guest anything they want 24/7.

after booking over 20 princess cruises, i have learned to disregard any and all sales. My method is to book a cruise when i want to and then do the fake booking daily to see about price drops. Usually the “sales” never impact my cruises’ prices. The only real drops (or increases) are related to how the cruise is selling. That being said, the real drops occur after final payment in flash sales. I have been successful in getting my price adjusted or cabin upgraded in a few but not all cases. Princess air also fluctuates and i have gotten some wonderful reductions in the past. By the way, princess will adjust the air even if you are using a ta. Note: You may have to rebook your seats after a flight adjustment.

thank you!!

I decided to wait for the new sale starting today before booking to see if there was any difference. Based on starting prices for each cabin type, the only change I saw was for mini-suites, which increased from $2,079 to $2,239 (I booked a balcony room).

I decided to book with the non-refundable deposit because final payment isn't that far off (Sept 3), and I got insurance so I'll get the deposit back if I have to cancel for a covered reason.

i checked out the sale today too. the cruise i am following had the time away sale on yesterday (up to 35% off). today with the sun drenched deals that same cruise (up to 40% off) is the exact same price.

It could be worse. They could offer the second guest sails at 50% off like Royal Caribbean does all year long. They just continue to raise the price of the fist guest. As long as they are honoring 50% off the second guest they can charge the first guest anything they want 24/7.

It’s obnoxious and what sent us to other lines!

i checked out the sale today too. the cruise i am following had the time away sale on yesterday (up to 35% off). today with the sun drenched deals that same cruise (up to 40% off) is the exact same price.

same here. Actually, it's a little worse, as the price for a balcony went up by $200 in the last 2 weeks.