Show Reservations?

Maplemoose

I can see no mention of whether you can make reservations for any of the entertainment on the Horizon. Is it just a general rush thing? How early is it neccessary to go to get seats up front for the main shows?

And reservations on other lines are general admittance and do not guarantee choice of seats.

Still, I think advance reservations for the comedy club, whether on line, through the Hub or interactive TV, would be helpful on Horizon, and Carnival in general. Limit it to one reservation per cabin per night. Didn't need reservations for most of the main theater shows, although a few were better attended on the Horizon than others, mostly due to the smaller venue.

Several people who recently sailed Horizon have commented on different threads that they arrived 30 mins prior and got good seats.

I hope that's true for our cruise on the Horizon next month too. It would be such a pain to show up 45 mins in advance to get decent seats. 30 mins is bad enough.

The good news is the carnival shows are no where near the caliber of the other cruise lines where a reservation would be required. If you wait that long to see the shows they are offering you will prob be disappointed. Carnival’s strength is in the comedians. Wait for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Horizons show lounge is nothing like other carnival showlounges. chairs are all over the place. You might arrive at 45 minutes front seat but someone can come along and move their seat in front of you

And reservations on other lines are general admittance and do not guarantee choice of seats.

Still, I think advance reservations for the comedy club, whether on line, through the Hub or interactive TV, would be helpful on Horizon, and Carnival in general. Limit it to one reservation per cabin per night. Didn't need reservations for most of the main theater shows, although a few were better attended on the Horizon than others, mostly due to the smaller venue.

Agree with this idea. We tried several times to get into the comedy club on Conquest recently and seemed like no matter how early we arrived, it was SRO, so we left.

Horizons show lounge is nothing like other carnival showlounges. chairs are all over the place. You might arrive at 45 minutes front seat but someone can come along and move their seat in front of you

And that's when someone would feel a flick of my finger thumping on their earlobe :evilsmile:.

Sorry , I'm a redneck from way back ;p

Edited by BoDidly

The good news is the carnival shows are no where near the caliber of the other cruise lines where a reservation would be required. If you wait that long to see the shows they are offering you will prob be disappointed. Carnival’s strength is in the comedians. Wait for them!

For the comedy, I arrive about 1 minute early. But I don't mind standing room only as the shows are usually only 30 minutes or so. And if the comedian is a dud (yeah there are a few)...easy to leave without becoming part of the routine. Now if my wife comes with me, then we wait in line to make sure we get a seat.

For the comedy, I arrive about 1 minute early. But I don't mind standing room only as the shows are usually only 30 minutes or so. And if the comedian is a dud (yeah there are a few)...easy to leave without becoming part of the routine. .

I like the way you think. We would have loved to have bailed out of one of the comedy shows on the last cruise. Dh and I were hating his routine and the main reason was most of it consisted of abusing the audience members. Not just a little. He was being a complete bully and an ass. Probably, most of the laughter was of the nervous type.

Never understood why they would do this

It’s called budget planning and using a space more than less. On most ships the main showroom/theater is used for short amounts of time. They have created a space that is multifunctional. Their shows don’t really require much more than this space.

The sunshine was my first exposed to this type of theater. The biggest drawback besides the weak shows is the fact that if you have late dinner you can no longer go to the show after you eat as the shows are earlier to accommodate the music club they want to start before 11pm at night.

I go to comedy and piano bar now for entertainment. However the piano bar is either hit or miss and if it’s a miss - that’s a miss for the entire cruise. The comedians usually change every 3-4 days so you can get luckier with them.

I can see no mention of whether you can make reservations for any of the entertainment on the Horizon. Is it just a general rush thing? How early is it neccessary to go to get seats up front for the main shows?

At least 30 min early.

The sunshine was my first exposed to this type of theater. The biggest drawback besides the weak shows is the fact that if you have late dinner you can no longer go to the show after you eat as the shows are earlier to accommodate the music club they want to start before 11pm at night.

There is a 7:15 PM showing for all of the Playlist shows that is intended for those with late dining.

Note that Hasbro the game show is typically shown only at 7:15 on Sunshine.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

There is a 7:15 PM showing for all of the Playlist shows that is intended for those with late dining.

Why in the world would they think this is a suitable form of entertainment for adults? How Carnival entertainment has fallen

I know there is a show then. But it’s at that time I maximize my cheers with the area that keeps bringing me to Carnival - the alchemy bar. I love to sit there for the hour before dinner and rewind from a day of doing nothing! I take pictures with my family also at those times and walk around the ship speaking to fellow passengers. I would like a show after dinner - at least I can sleep a bit if it bores me and I can get up and enjoy the night life after.

The fact that the shows are earlier just reminds me that I find them subpar at best and that I don’t miss them. Have been on the some of the mega ships that you have to reserve shows and the product is incompatible to carnivals nightly amateurs circus show. Thank g-d for the alchemy bar!!