Holland America web site

hbrote

I heard back from them. I received instructions on how to use the website. I replied I understood the instructions and the problem was that the website was not working correctly, I then got pictures showing what to click. At that point I told them to quit trying to help as their “help” was as frustrating as their website.

They did mention that if you’re trying to book a select yourself cabin, such as a veranda, and it keeps taking you back to a guarantee it means there aren’t any veranda cabins available. Told them it would be nice if there was an actual non-availability statement posted instead of just jumping back to a guarantee without explanation.

I heard back from them. I received instructions on how to use the website. I replied I understood the instructions and the problem was that the website was not working correctly, I then got pictures showing what to click. At that point I told them to quit trying to help as their “help” was as frustrating as their website.

Sorry but :'):'):')

What browsers and version is everyone using.

I am using Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit), running on Microsoft Windows 10 home version 1803 and am not having any issues.

The only problem I am having with the web site is that the cruises I want to go on are filling up far too rapidly and are down to guarantee only at this moment. My PCC says the same thing so I cannot blame the web site for an error.

Safari Version 11.1.2 running on a MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.

I'm not experiencing technical issues per se, just a degree of frustration over information that is no longer accessible on the website, or can only be reached by boring down several levels.

Edited by Fouremco

They did mention that if you’re trying to book a select yourself cabin, such as a veranda, and it keeps taking you back to a guarantee it means there aren’t any veranda cabins available. Told them it would be nice if there was an actual non-availability statement posted instead of just jumping back to a guarantee without explanation.

I was having that issue but there were rooms one could select...but only if I wasn't signed in.

There's a link for the old site? I would love to have that.

The HAL website is worse than horrible. Trying to check on a cruise price is exhausting. For some reason the powers that be think that all off us are interested in a Guarantee. When I attempt to select my own stateroom (at a large increase in price), all the page does is spin and spin and spin.

There's something seriously wrong at Holland America when they can't even present a decent website for their customers.

The link for the legacy website is https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

I was able to use it last night to complete a booking but some people report that it comes and goes. You should probably open it in an incognito window instead of the browser window you normally use so that you don't get redirected to the new site.

I use Firefox (61.0.1 64-bit) primarily but also have access to Edge and Internet Explorer and Chrome for Business (all up-to-date). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I clear cookies and turn off ad-blockers and all that other stuff that shouldn't be necessary but never hurts.

I use both Edge and Chrome with Windows 10.

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0; Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I never used the old version of the HAL Website, so have nothing with which to compare the new version. I always "go exploring" when using a Website for the first time, so maybe I easily found some things because I had no expectation of where they "should" be..

I have not encountered the spinning circle of death, but I do think the design could be better. Especially when trying to compare prices of various locations of a stateroom category - for example VA or VB on Deck C or Deck D and mid, aft or fwd. Far too many clicks and saves!

I use both Edge and Chrome with Windows 10.

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0; Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I never used the old version of the HAL Website, so have nothing with which to compare the new version. I always "go exploring" when using a Website for the first time, so maybe I easily found some things because I had no expectation of where they "should" be..

I have not encountered the spinning circle of death, but I do think the design could be better. Especially when trying to compare prices of various locations of a stateroom category - for example VA or VB on Deck C or Deck D and mid, aft or fwd. Far too many clicks and saves!

I would agree that some things (like the room selection process) is more awkward than I have seen on other line web sites. They should just copy the process Princess uses for room selection. I get the feeling that they just want everybody to select GTY.

I would agree that some things (like the room selection process) is more awkward than I have seen on other line web sites. They should just copy the process Princess uses for room selection. I get the feeling that they just want everybody to select GTY.

I agree. Every time you look at a cruise you initially get the "you have a guarantee stateroom" stuff. Right next to it is "Change Stateroom" verbiage you can click on but it took a while to figure out what was going on here. Most of us want to choose a stateroom, not go the guarantee route, so why use that as the default?

I agree. Every time you look at a cruise you initially get the "you have a guarantee stateroom" stuff. Right next to it is "Change Stateroom" verbiage you can click on but it took a while to figure out what was going on here. Most of us want to choose a stateroom, not go the guarantee route, so why use that as the default?

Guarantee bookings give HAL more flexibility, no? MBAs at work again.

The link for the legacy website is https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

I was able to use it last night to complete a booking but some people report that it comes and goes. You should probably open it in an incognito window instead of the browser window you normally use so that you don't get redirected to the new site.

This link they are sending us and we enter up in the Academy and other stuff but never come in the check-in

So we phoned and made heavy complaints about it again.

For our next voyage we do use a TA.

Guarantee bookings give HAL more flexibility, no? MBAs at work again.

I would think it creates more work for HAL if everyone is booking guarantees in that HAL would have to spend more time jockeying passengers into a lot more cabins than just into any cabins left after people select their own.

Unable to log in, again. 10 am MT. Cannot log in to manage my bookings. Tried chrome, explorer and firefox, deleted history, cookies, cache, all the normal tricks. How much longer before senior management drop the boom on this debacle. Their response to this on-going mess will be a strong indicator of their executive chops.

I would think it creates more work for HAL if everyone is booking guarantees in that HAL would have to spend more time jockeying passengers into a lot more cabins than just into any cabins left after people select their own.

I didn't say "less work".

It means they've got your money without having to say "no" a sale because all the staterooms in the

next prospect's requested class are already committed.

Unable to log in, again. 10 am MT. Cannot log in to manage my bookings. Tried chrome, explorer and firefox, deleted history, cookies, cache, all the normal tricks. How much longer before senior management drop the boom on this debacle. Their response to this on-going mess will be a strong indicator of their executive chops.

Celebrity rolled out their new website well over a year ago and people are still regularly having legitimate issues with it. I think developers & managers really need to take a step back and consider why recent upgrades for many corporations have gone completely off the rails. Keep it simple!

Nothing has worked for me for the past several days. Thank goodness my next cruise is over a year off.

Plan for this year: Use a TA. Bother them for every triviality and curiosity question.

Oh! ...and deprive HAL of a commissionless sail. (pun intended)

Alternate Link for Booking Login

Try using this link: https://book2.hollandamerica.com/secondaryFlow/login Hope that helps!

HAL sent me an email today about my booking and when I tried to use the links, I got the 404 / invalid link messages. Might need to be checking to make sure the emails are properly linked prior to sending;)

Happy Sailing! :D

Try using this link: https://book2.hollandamerica.com/secondaryFlow/login Hope that helps!

HAL sent me an email today about my booking and when I tried to use the links, I got the 404 / invalid link messages. Might need to be checking to make sure the emails are properly linked prior to sending;)

I would tend to think this unbelievable if I had not received a Private Sail email in which none of the links worked. However, I am glad to know that it is not just me.

I just got done checking in for our upcoming cruise using the new web site. I was able to complete everything and print boarding passes etc. no problem although I did have to go back and actually click on and "read" the safety notice. I'm using Internet Explorer and had recently emptied the cache for other reasons. I say this so as to give others hope.

This link worked immediately - like seeing a long lost friend. Have not tried to move around this link yet but what a relief it came on, looks simple and hopefully will replace that other gaudy, over-kill disaster. Thank you!

I would tend to think this unbelievable if I had not received a Private Sail email in which none of the links worked. However, I am glad to know that it is not just me.

Are you assuming the email was human-composed and human-sent?

Plan for this year: Use a TA. Bother them for every triviality and curiosity question.

Oh! ...and deprive HAL of a commissionless sail. (pun intended)

LOL. That is how I managed to actually book my cruise post new website!