Vista July 14 cruise review.

Carol Jones

Love the idea of the brewery tour / demo - but don't drink beer. Is there an option to just tour?

(And thanks for the review! Truly enjoying!)

Oh I don’t drink beer either. The guys do. I just went along to take photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dear Mrs. Carol Jones,

Thank you Maam.

You really had the best Cabin Service in T&C..!

On that Seat of Government Island did you see a lot of Conch too now?

We saw lots of donkeys..... they were everywhere.

When we were in Cockburn town. My son did buy some conch fritters while I was shopping. He said the ones in the red frog pub were much better.

We went to the show tonight “Amor Cubano”. We got there about 15 minutes early to get a seat. There were plenty of seats even after it started. We all really enjoyed it. Great singing and dancing and I was really glad to see there was an actual live band accompanying them. I think there were 8 or so musicians (percussion, keyboards and horns).

I’m not wild about how they did the Liquid lounge. There are no tables to put your drinks. I think you have to use that little round thing that is clipped onto the arm of the chair. You can see in the photo. It’s kind of awkward because it almost ends up being behind you.

IMG_0501.thumb.JPG.43ce2565a50db7079382ec6511bf1701.JPG

6f2eab61882b3c11bb44930ed2746147.jpg

We actually found seats for the comedy show tonight and only had to get there 15 minutes early. We saw Steven Michael Quezada again. He was so funny! Probably the funniest comedian I’ve seen on a cruise ship. My normal go to cocktails are: whiskey sour, margarita or lime daiquiri but bar service was really pushing the Punchliner so I went with that. First, I made sure it was a sour drink. It was and I was pleased with it. Here is the bar menu for the Punchliner our club.

a189915da3baac517394b70b775a597d.jpg

IMG_0507.thumb.JPG.f404c7717401ff716aba1eceb113d64c.JPG

Tomorrow is La Romana...

Tuesday, LaRamona- Today we had a Saona trip with Seavis tours. I’ll post more on this on the “ports of call page”. Basically, a speed boat ride to a private island with lunch and snorkeling. Had a great time. We had lunch on the island so when I got back on the ship just got some dessert before I went back to the room. They were making salted caramel and passion fruit gelato today. I got the passion fruit but it wasn’t to my liking. I’m sure I would’ve liked the other but it wasn’t ready. Still needing something for my sweet tooth I went over to the sweet spot area of the Lido marketplace. The six layer cakes they have are not only gorgeous to look at and they are very very tasty. Good move Carnival to add these cakes. The desserts they used to have on the Lido deck all just looked good but really did not have a taste at all. These are wonderful!!

IMG_0523.thumb.JPG.f6f8ca6cf4abc7737679c2234c46839c.JPG

IMG_0522.thumb.JPG.a21099fc9ac3523f6c6bf87ccde9b0eb.JPG

Edited by Carol Jones

I believe I read you got one of the Cruise the Vineyards packages. Do you have a pic of the wine listings in the different packages and the different prices?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Got it! I’m not sure if you’ve gotten the vineyards package with Carnival before. They used to have three packages: value, deluxe and premium. They’ve gotten rid of the deluxe so there really is not much of an option anymore. At first I paid for the value but then when I looked closely at the wine list I was not happy with that so we upgraded to the premium. Hate that they got rid of the middle of the road package.

IMG_0586.thumb.JPG.99c4e0c982329153d740c3d36c92427a.JPG

I’m sorry you might have to look at it sideways that’s the only way it would let me load.

Sounds like a great review you have going on here . Ask the steward and they will bring you more hangers at your request Reading with interest (y)

You are right. I’ve had to ask for them before on other trips and thanks!!

You are making my day!! We board on Sunday!!! Steakhouse first night too! How is the dress code first night steakhouse? Thanks!!! Such a detailed review!!! Much appreciated!

Thank you! You will have a blast. Eat some steak for me. At that point I will be at home looking for someone to push my chair up and bring me a menu.

Also if you go to any comedy or main shows - about how long are they? I love comedians and try to see as many as I can but love the other main shows and it's hard to know how to plan if I don't know long the shows are lol!

So both comedy shows I’ve been to -30 minutes and the one we saw in the liquid lounge 45 minutes.