Royal Caribbean-Printing Luggage Tag At Home

Hoppe8789

I'm sailing on Royal Caribbean and just got my edocuments. I want to print off my luggage tag, but does it need to be printed in color? I only have a B&W laser printer.

The sample luggage tag you get at the end of the first set of documents (where you do your Set Sail pass) is not the actual luggage tag.

You will receive a second email at about 49 days prior to sailing about documents. You will need to go to the page where you first printed the Set Sail pass and there will now be a tab that says “print luggage tag”.

And yes you can print in black and white...

Also -- if your don't want to turn this into an arts-n-crafts project (involving plastic tape, staples, hole-punches and zip-ties), check out the handy-dandy Cruise Critic luggage tags holders, at the CC 'store':

https://www.cruisecritic.com/store/

We ordered some of the luggage tag holders with the metal ring from Amazon....they are awesome!!

We ordered some of the luggage tag holders with the metal ring from Amazon....they are awesome!!

Back when RC first started having pax print their own luggage tags, I ordered some from a little on-line boutique -- and they worked very well. I would think that a metal ring might make the holders more durable -- for repeat uses. :cool:

Back when RC first started having pax print their own luggage tags, I ordered some from a little on-line boutique -- and they worked very well. I would think that a metal ring might make the holders more durable -- for repeat uses. :cool:

The luggage tags with metal rings or cables from Amazon or many specialty stores are heavy duty and should last for many cruises. But take care to purchase the correct size. There are two popular sizes, one used by some cruise lines, and one used by other cruise lines. I believe, but am not 100% correct, that all cruise lines in the Royal Caribbean Corp family use one size, and all cruise lines in the Carnival Corp family use the other. If you end up with the wrong size, you can still use them, but the tags won't fit without some folding, which may cover some of the information, so be careful to leave the important information visible.

Also, while printing the tags in black and white should be fine, color tags are even better since the room categories and decks are color coded. The different colors help the people delivering your luggage sort them into the proper group for faster delivery.

The color coding helps them more quickly determine where in the ship the bag goes.

But it is not required.

Don't you have a a friend or family with a color printer?

We never use luggage tag holders for our cruises. The printed tags when folded up are sturdy enough to be secure. For added confidence we put two in different locations on each suitcase. We also bring a small stapler in our carry on and staple them on at the pier when dropping them off with the porters. Or the porters can attache them for you. For the short haul from the pier to our staterooms we have never had an issue and our suitcases have arrive with both tags still secured.

Just a different perspective.

We never use luggage tag holders for our cruises. The printed tags when folded up are sturdy enough to be secure. For added confidence we put two in different locations on each suitcase. We also bring a small stapler in our carry on and staple them on at the pier when dropping them off with the porters. Or the porters can attache them for you. For the short haul from the pier to our staterooms we have never had an issue and our suitcases have arrive with both tags still secured.

Just a different perspective.

LOL -- You ARE brave! I have a unfortunate lifelong history of jamming staplers!:eek: And, IMHO, the smaller they are, the worse they jam! I guess that's why I much prefer the pre-printed tags (X still mails them). In the alternative, the luggage-tag holders keep me out of trouble. With those, the most technically challenging thing I have to do is hit the 'print' button! Well, and figure out how to fold them, so that they fit in the holder, with all the info showing. ;)

LOL -- You ARE brave! I have a unfortunate lifelong history of jamming staplers!:eek: And, IMHO, the smaller they are, the worse they jam! I guess that's why I much prefer the pre-printed tags (X still mails them). In the alternative, the luggage-tag holders keep me out of trouble. With those, the most technically challenging thing I have to do is hit the 'print' button! Well, and figure out how to fold them, so that they fit in the holder, with all the info showing. ;)

When I use the plastic holders I don’t fold anything. I just cut out the outline of the tag, fold in half one time and slip it right in...

A word of caution regarding cruise line tags - DO NOT put them on until you are on your way to the ship. I have heard of people putting them on at home before leaving for the airport, and find that they have been removed or destroyed by the airport/airline baggage handlers and their equipment. Save them for just before you leave the hotel or after you collect them from the carousel at your last arrival airport if heading straight to the ship.