Marina Bay Cruise Terminal

TEMBOY

Can anyone give me any info on how the Marina Bay Cruise Centre copes with two large ships in port these days. 12 month old posts give a picture of chaos but have the Terminal staff and Cruise companies corrected previous errors.

Have two cruises booked out of Singapore over the next 12 months and would be interested in what's the best time to attempt check in. We are on VOS and have Diamond in the same time ( although we overnight and Diamond leaves same day)

We have priority check-in but that can be meaningless on occasions.

The Marina Bay Terminal only opened this season. I may be wrong but I dont think it was open 12 mths ago.You can check it all out here..

http://www.mbccs.com.sg/index.php

It was a bit chaotic before as they had the Ocean Terminal, used mainly by Star Cruises and large cruise ships had to use a container facility which was a long way out and meant check in had to be done in town and passengers shuttled out.

From what I hear the new terminal is a dream. I just love the cruise/fly facility where you can check your bags in at the cruise terminal and then go off sightseeing for the day.

I believe it can handle 2 cruise ships easily , and has been designed to be extended to cater for 4 ships at the same time.

Thanks David. Terminal opened May 2012 I think. Reviews not too good for last year . Apparently it has been designed for Oasis class( Do they know something we don't???)

I think Singapore deserves all credit for the facilities it is producing and only hope that RCCL gives the support to ensure that the embarkation is seamless.

Thanks for your link

We have sailed out of Marina Bay Cruise Terminal twice now, with the latest in March 2013. When we departed, 2 ships were in port. When we came back 7 nights later, 2 ships were in port too. (Legend of the assess and Voyager of the Seas)

The terminal is pretty used to having 2 ships in port by now.

Can anyone give me any info on how the Marina Bay Cruise Centre copes with two large ships in port these days. 12 month old posts give a picture of chaos but have the Terminal staff and Cruise companies corrected previous errors.

Have two cruises booked out of Singapore over the next 12 months and would be interested in what's the best time to attempt check in. We are on VOS and have Diamond in the same time ( although we overnight and Diamond leaves same day)

We have priority check-in but that can be meaningless on occasions.

They usually allow you to board the ship from 1130 onwards.

Peak check in times would be 1030 onwards.

Are you a C&A member or sailing in Suites? If yes, check in would be very fast.

The Singapore cruise terminal is not in the same class as the Singapore airport. The lines are long when two ships are there at the same time. Everytime you go on or off the ship you have to go through immigration.

At the end of the cruise with two ships in port the line for a taxi was over a one hour wait.

Either get off the ship very very early or very very late to avoid the taxi lines. Holland was selling a one way BUS transfer to the airport for $38 a person. A taxi was about $22 total for up to four passengers.

The good news is that it is easy to get onto the Singapore subway system at the port and therefore easy to get around. The bad news is if you want a beer or a cocktail in Singapore you may have to take a second mortgage on your home. Six pack of beer in a 7/11 is 35 usd. I paid $14 usd for ONE beer in a nothing special bar. Singapore is not a place to stock up on booze or go bar hopping.

The Singapore cruise terminal is not in the same class as the Singapore airport. The lines are long when two ships are there at the same time. Everytime you go on or off the ship you have to go through immigration.

At the end of the cruise with two ships in port the line for a taxi was over a one hour wait.

Either get off the ship very very early or very very late to avoid the taxi lines. Holland was selling a one way BUS transfer to the airport for $38 a person. A taxi was about $22 total for up to four passengers.

The good news is that it is easy to get onto the Singapore subway system at the port and therefore easy to get around.

Can you walk to the subway station from the port or do you need to get a bus? We'd like to check in then go into the city for the rest of the day. Sorry to hijack the thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The good news is that it is easy to get onto the Singapore subway system at the port and therefore easy to get around. The bad news is if you want a beer or a cocktail in Singapore you may have to take a second mortgage on your home. Six pack of beer in a 7/11 is 35 usd. I paid $14 usd for ONE beer in a nothing special bar. Singapore is not a place to stock up on booze or go bar hopping.

Yes, the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal is a far cry from Singapore Changi Airport, unfortunately.

Don't buy beer from 7/11 unless you have no choice! Get it from places like the supermarkets like Cold Storage, NTUC Fairprice etc. Nowhere near 35USD for a 6-pack.

Get some beer on the way into Singapore at the DFS at Changi Airport, if you are flying in. You can get it duty-free. Try Tiger Beer. (Personally I'm not a fan though)

Bars are expensive, no doubt about that. Yet, they are so crowded!! I don't go to bars at all. Can't remember the last time I stepped into a Singapore bar.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Can you walk to the subway station from the port or do you need to get a bus? We'd like to check in then go into the city for the rest of the day. Sorry to hijack the thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Which cruise terminal? We have two.

Marina Bay Cruise Terminal - can't walk to the subway. Need to take a bus.

Singapore Cruise Center at Harbourfront - Yes, definitely can walk to the subway. Frankly, Harbourfront is a more convenient cruise terminal. Unfortunately, that place can't take Voyager class ships.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Hi, I was there in April on Diamond Princess.

A beautiful terminal :)

Absolutely huge, spotless and very efficient.

You'll be fine :D

I am a local. I think the terminal has more or less sorted out its internally operations well.

However, one significant issue that the terminal is facing is the lack of taxis during disembarkation. The situation is especially chaotic when two ships are in port.

I understand that the terminal operator have been trying very hard to get local taxi operators to send more taxis during these peak periods, but the situation hasn't improved by much.

One reason is because the terminal is currently out of the way. Having spoken to several taxi drivers before, they tell me that they do not really like to drive into the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal to pick up passengers, even though they know cruise ships are in port and many passengers are waiting, and even after the surcharge imposed on passengers!

I guess our taxi drivers are a blessed lot. They have so many other business opportunities during the times when the ships call in port that they aren't that hungry any more.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

I sure hope the taxi situation improves prior to October when we will be disembarking the Voyager. We will be staying in Singapore for a few days after the cruise so will each have a suitcase with us when we leave the ship. I don't think the public bus would accommodate suitcases very well.

Thanks iluvcruising2 for your help.

Are there any hotels near the marina bay cruise terminal (as in walking distance) just for an overnight pre cruise stay. We are staying at Sentosa Island after the cruise but just wanted somewhere close for the night before.

And while I am asking questions, is there a supermarket close to the cruise centre. We are hoping to find Pepsi max.

Thanks

Linda

No hotels out on its own on the marina. There is a 7/11 type store in the terminal. Best to stay in town and grab a taxi. Actually there is no alternative nothing is in walking distance. The bus is the other option. Jennifer

No hotels out on its own on the marina. There is a 7/11 type store in the terminal. Best to stay in town and grab a taxi. Actually there is no alternative nothing is in walking distance. The bus is the other option. Jennifer

Thanks, I would like to try to find a supermarket though, I found Pepsi max really expensive at 7/11.

Thanks, I would like to try to find a supermarket though, I found Pepsi max really expensive at 7/11.

Unless you go over to the other side of the island, ie the suburbs, I think you will find everything in Singapore is rather expensive.:rolleyes:

The taxi situation appears to have been sorted as I had no issues after disembarking Mariner the other day. In fact, it was the quickest, most efficient disembarkation I have ever experienced.Straight off the ship, no queue at immigration, got my bag, out the door and straight into a taxi. It took 30 minutes from off the ship to checking it a n my hotel. The embarkation was great too - a fabulous terminal!

The taxi situation appears to have been sorted as I had no issues after disembarking Mariner the other day. In fact, it was the quickest, most efficient disembarkation I have ever experienced.Straight off the ship, no queue at immigration, got my bag, out the door and straight into a taxi. It took 30 minutes from off the ship to checking it a n my hotel. The embarkation was great too - a fabulous terminal!

Thanks for the update!

Thanks iluvcruising2 for your help.

Are there any hotels near the marina bay cruise terminal (as in walking distance) just for an overnight pre cruise stay. We are staying at Sentosa Island after the cruise but just wanted somewhere close for the night before.

And while I am asking questions, is there a supermarket close to the cruise centre. We are hoping to find Pepsi max.

Thanks

Linda

As others have highlighted, there are no hotels within walking distance. But you shouldn't have a problem staying in a hotel in the town area or even out of town. Just take a taxi to the Marina Bay cruise terminal, shouldn't be a problem at all. Singapore is a very small place.

With regard to Pepsi Max or Coke Light or Coke Zero, you should be able to find those at supermarkets or 7/11s or similar convenience stores.

That's great! I hope they can continue to get enough taxis to come to the cruise terminal when there are ships in port. It is a peak-load issue.

• 2 years later...

Has anyone used the cruise/fly option at Marina Bay using Qantas ?

IE: Check in with bags at the cruise term after arrival on the ship, and catching a flight out that evening.

Qantas is registered for this service but Emirates is not.

The flight in question would be booked through Emirates but operated by Qantas.

Thanks.