Favorite Luggage Brand? Spinners better than 2 wheels?

Susie B.

We're ready for new luggage (large size for checking). Last purchase was High Sierra A.T. 6 and we were fairly happy with them (aprox 31x18x12 - 2 wheels, not spinners). It seems most people now prefer the spinner luggage. If you recently purchased a bag that you really like what kind is it? Thanks for any info.

We like spinners the best. Much easier to push through an airport, two wheeled bags put too much pressure on the shoulders and back as you drag them. Make sure whatever brand you buy has various adjustments on the handle. I am vertically challenged and need the handle pulled up a lot less to push it through the airport, where my DH is much taller and likes the handle higher.

We have had luck with both Travel Pro and Samsonite. There are much higher, more expensive options out there, but these have worked for us.

I use spinners and have the hard sided luggage. It is polycarbonate which is better than the ABS luggage. The brand is Heys and I have used it for a few years and it's still going strong.

I got rid of all my soft sided luggage after someone who was smuggling alcohol on a ship had a bottle break in the suitcase and it leaked into mine after I gave it to a porter and before it got to my cabin.

I have no regrets with purchasing the Heys.

Definitely spinners and hardside. Agree, Polycarbonite the best. Cloth can get wet and clothes can be damaged if raining when luggage is loaded and unloaded. We had purchased a very light Samsonite and also a very light Tumi polycarbonate . Pays to spend more on good light weight luggage that will last.

Replaced our 2 wheel cloth luggage a couple years ago with Samsonite hard-sided w/ spinners. Much easier to roll around with.

Only downside has been not able to stow it under the bed. Hoping RCCL bed frames are higher than HAL.

Replaced our 2 wheel cloth luggage a couple years ago with Samsonite hard-sided w/ spinners. Much easier to roll around with.

Only downside has been not able to stow it under the bed. Hoping RCCL bed frames are higher than HAL.

Never had a problem on Celebrity or royal. We put our carry ons inside our 28” bags then under the bed. We also carry a tumi suot/dress bag under the bed also

We're ready for new luggage (large size for checking). Last purchase was High Sierra A.T. 6 and we were fairly happy with them (aprox 31x18x12 - 2 wheels, not spinners). It seems most people now prefer the spinner luggage. If you recently purchased a bag that you really like what kind is it? Thanks for any info.

Travelpro Platinum*Magna*2 Expandable Spinner Suiter Suitcase, 29-in., Black

Waterproof

I will be odd man out - dislike the spinners as the wheels are prone to damage (traveled 40 weeks/yr for work) so you end up dragging them. Also pain to push on carpets and uneven surfaces.

Sounds like you need new luggage. Since you travel often perhaps you should invest in haliburton luggage. It is wonderful, but expensive. You can buy on sale and it is well worth it. They have wonderful spinners with a great warranty if you have any issues.

We prefer the spinners, and our brand of choice is Travelpro. A friend who is a flight attendant recommended them and we've been really happy so far (had them about two years) We went with the Crew 11 series, 25" (https://amzn.to/2uqcgjq) and 29" (https://amzn.to/2LkXQY9)

They were the most expensive luggage we'd ever bought, but out dirt cheap ones (that were like $80 for a set of 5) were constantly breaking. Learned our lesson then that sometimes it's better to pay more upfront

I will be odd man out - dislike the spinners as the wheels are prone to damage (traveled 40 weeks/yr for work) so you end up dragging them. Also pain to push on carpets and uneven surfaces.

Only lost one wheel ever. Funny thing it was brand new and was lost between time I gave to Porter and it arrived at my room...

My DH also travels a lot for work and Travel Pro Crew Series has stood up very well.

Travelpro Platinum*Magna*2 Expandable Spinner Suiter Suitcase, 29-in., Black

Waterproof

We have three of these and love them...Got two on Amazon and then a cheap deal on our 3rd one at a local store called Tuesday Mornings...Best luggage we've had so far and have held up for several domestic and international flights.

We still have the soft sided luggage but are thinking of replacing with the hard sided as the luggage wears out.

We have a combo of Samsonite and Delsey, both with spinners. We love both and they have held up very well. We buy them at Marshall’s where they are less expensive than buying at a department store.

Edited to say: although sometimes at Kohl’s with a sale on luggage, 30% off and Kohl’s cash, you can get them pretty cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums