dark suit ?

I know this has been answered before so forgive me but i would like to know if it is ok to wear a dark suit on formal nights or will i feel odd ?

I kind of hate to buy a tux and only wear it a few times but if you say i have to have a tux then i'll go and get one.

Going on the PRIDE APRIL 10 2007, first time on SEABOURN.

Thank you

JIM

A dark suit is entirely acceptable on the formal Nights on Seabourn (and most other cruise lines). Nearly all the gentlemen onboard Seabourn will be wearing tuxes and a few will be in white (sometimes other colors) dinner jackets on the formal evenings. No one will look down their nose at you for not wearing a tux.

Bon Voyage and have a grand time on your first Seabourn cruise! You may become addicted to Seabourn and there is no drug or therapy to cure it! ;) :D

Mr. Feller, we are also on your cruise. My husband took a navy suit for formal evenings on the one week cruise last year and it worked perfectly well. This time inasmuch as it is a two week cruise, he felt it more convenient to just take the smoking and change the neckwear. I might add, that last time, we saw some terrible glittery gowns and old smoking suits that perhaps had seen better years and were pulled out just for the trip, better definitely were the smart looking "younger" and more hip wearing dark suits and dark evening wear. Perhaps age and good sense and taste are a better measure of what to wear. There is a whole generation of people who have never cruised and are just now trying Seabourn because they are used to independent travel in Europe and this particular ship appeals to them for many reasons, not just the occasion to "dress up". That part of the experience is a given. Most people obviously who choose this particular cruise line know going in what is correct and are very, very comfortable in their own shoes. For sure, would think any less of any passenger wearing a dark suit! Rene'

My husband and I have been on 3 Seabourn cruises, he is retired Air Force and thought about bringing his old mess dress but he opted for the black suit.

We dined with lots of other couples on formal nights, some men wore tuxedos, others suits, all felt comfortable in their own skins so were just fine and handsome!

Enjoy your cruise and the wonderful friends you will make, don't give the dark suit another thought. Robbie

Archived