QV Titan airways flight today

sammybonny

Looks like a good start to our first Cunard cruise! Looked on Manchester airports departures info at 4am to see if our 8.30am was going on time it said CANCELLED!!!

Went to the airport time changed to 13.40pm .Technical problems we are told and they have borrowed a bigger plane and we have open seating. Not too optimistic about going even then. Looks like the ship will be waiting for us and will probably be nearer midnight when we get there.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Forums mobile app

Yes and I dont hold a lot of hope that that will be right either. Beginning to wish I hadnt bothered trying Cunard!

We're found the worse part of the cruise is the flying side of things. Our first one was fly there and back and it was not very good at all. So then we just did Southampton/Southampton ones which was much better. The last one was leave Southampton and fly back, and it just confirmed just how poor the flying part is.

Are you at the airport or still at home (I see your location is Manchester) ?

We're found the worse part of the cruise is the flying side of things. Our first one was fly there and back and it was not very good at all. So then we just did Southampton/Southampton ones which was much better. The last one was leave Southampton and fly back, and it just confirmed just how poor the flying part is.

Are you at the airport or still at home (I see your location is Manchester) ?

Aiport unfortunately!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Forums mobile app

sammybonny, I would buy some food/snacks/drinks at the airport, past security. Our Titan flight on 19/8 back from Trieste, took off around 15;30 and there were THREE sandwiches left to buy! Breakfast at 8am was a long time ago!

sammybonny, I would buy some food/snacks/drinks at the airport, past security. Our Titan flight on 19/8 back from Trieste, took off around 15;30 and there were THREE sandwiches left to buy! Breakfast at 8am was a long time ago!

We had the same thing coming back for Venice. Finally on the, lets eat then. Ar, no food. Thanks for that BA, cracking service.

Sorry to hear this has happened again. I complained about the issues we had with disembarkation and Titan. Cunard were not too bothered and placed all the blame on Titan.

Make sure you get some food from port/ship/airport before getting on the plane.

Also at Athens, if you are waiting at check-in and travelling with children - The McDonald's is only accessible before passport control. Food options are relatively poor after passport control.

I know that many cruises offered in the UK come with the flights as part of the package. Is it possible to remove the flights, pay a lesser amount, and book your own flights? All I know about Titan is what I have read on here and they don't seem to be highly reliable.:eek:

I hope by now sammybonny has left Manchester and landed in Athens. May the cruise make up for the bad beginning.

I know that many cruises offered in the UK come with the flights as part of the package. Is it possible to remove the flights, pay a lesser amount, and book your own flights? All I know about Titan is what I have read on here and they don't seem to be highly reliable.:eek:

I hope by now sammybonny has left Manchester and landed in Athens. May the cruise make up for the bad beginning.

Those from the UK can probably answer better than I about flights, but when I start booking a Mediterranean voyage on Cunard's UK web site and select "Arrange your own flight" instead of "Choose your airport", it states "You have chosen to arrange your own flights and transfers for your party. This does not affect the total price. Select 'Continue without Flights' to confirm your choice." I note there is a £50.00 supplement per person that applies to flights from Manchester rather than London when I "Choose your airport" instead.

The OP's flight departed at 16:02 according to the Manchester airport web site so is still in route to Athens as Host Hattie has mentioned.

Correction: Another booking I just tried to the Mediterranean states "The total holiday price for your party will be reduced by £600.00 if you arrange your own flights and transfers. Select 'Continue without Flights' to confirm your choice." So I guess it depends on the voyage or whether you choose the "Cunard" fare or the "Saver" fare.

Edited by bluemarble

We recently did a fly cruise from Manchester to Rotterdam as staterooms were fully booked from Southampton until some on the previous cruise disembarked in Rotterdam. The flights with KLM were fine and we we enjoyed our cruise until we we disembarked in Rotterdam only to find that Cunard thought that sitting on seats outside the terminal for two hours whilst waiting for our included transfer was acceptable. However as we enjoyed the onboard experience we have booked a Southampton cruise for next year. We are limited to European cruises as I cannot get travel insurance for travel outside Europe. My DH is now adamant we won't fly again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scrapnana, yes it certainly is from the uk. I always do this and fly in 1or2 days before. I like to pick my flight times and airline preferably scheduled. This time around we were given a £400 ppn allowance for flights. It does sometimes work out more expensive, but much more reliable and you can have a couple of days before your cruise to relax.

********** web site states QV sailed 6 hours ago, guess this is wrong even although it states 'actual position' .

The marinetraffic site shows QV is still in port. The cruise calendars I use have shown her scheduled departure time for this voyage as either 11:59pm or midnight prior to today.

We disembarked QV last Sat and have (new) friends that left yesterday to fly home on the Titan return flight. They were kept on board fortunately but on arrival at the airport were dumped by Cunard. They messaged to say that it was 'carnage' with staff shouting.

I checked mar traffic just now to see that QV left at 6:30 so I'm guessing not a successful transfer day. Cunard have really got to do something with these issues. Certainly puts me off doing another fly cruise. Back to Southampton for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk