Anse Dufour

smilz

Considering an ship excursion to Anse DuFour. Anyone been to this beach or have snorkeled there? It is so not like us to do an excursion but we are hurricane worn and stressed from work and trying to salvage a relaxing" cruise. Thought we'd start by not relying on taxis in Martinique since its been 15 years since we've been there.

We went to Anse Dufour last March. Its a pretty drive from the Anse Mitan area. It's a nice beach, with nice facilities including bar/ restaurant. Just over a nearby hill is Anse Noir, a black sand beach. There is a pier that extends out into the water and is fun for jumping into the water.

The day we were there, the water was a little choppy. I would say the snorkeling at Anse Dufour is pretty good for "off the beach" snorkeling (you go along the rocks to the right of the beach). I have seen better at offshore reefs, but it makes for a nice trip to a beautiful beach setting, and it's neat to be able to pop over to Anse Noir.

I will say we had a tough time with the taxis. When we first got off the ferry, we could not find any taxis available. After swimming around Anse Mitan for a while, I looked again and found one taxi. He said he could take us to Anse Dufour, but could not pick us back up. We said ok and off we went. When we needed to get back to the ship, I asked the restaurant manager if she could call us a taxi. She said she had an employee who could take us back in his own car. So we took her up on this kind offer and made it back fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums