Bar hop versus Salsa and Salsa and Margaritas

KimmieTN

Cruising this week and trying to decide between these two excursions. Has anyone on here done both and, if so, which was more fun. This is the bar hop on the other side of the island, not downtown.

I've been on the Cozumel Bar Hop (to the 4 bars on the East side) but not on the Salsa tour. However, I have researched both extensively and would say to pick the Bar Hop. Here is why:

1. The Salsa "excursion" is something that can be done in any hotel conference room in the world. In fact, they do it at a hotel in Cozumel. That is not to say that it might not be fun but rather that you could experience this lots of different places. You benefit very little from it being in Cozumel.

2. You'll get to see an experience a lot of Cozumel on the Bar Hop. You leave the downtown are and drive across Cozumel to the other side. You get to see some fantastic views on the coast and you ride along. The bars you visit have character and each one is unique in its own way. You get to get out in some "Cozumel air" on the Bar Hop whereas you are mostly stuck in one location on the Salsa thingy.

:)

We've explored on our own many times. We've even rented a car and just took off driving on different islands. However, this is a girl's trip without the husbands and we would prefer to stay in a group. The last three or four times in Cozumel we just took a taxi to Mr. Sanchos for the AI and spent the day. Looking for something different this time.

I've done both.

Honestly we had a lot of fun on both of them Both will involve alcohol and of course the group you are with will make the difference.

Personally, I liked the Bar Hop better. The Bar Hop attracts a more social group just by the nature of that kind of tour. You arrive as strangers and leave as friends. The other side of the island is interesting as well.

That being said, I still had a blast at Salsa y Salsa, but I tend to be somewhat social, gregarious, and a bit irreverent.

Edited by Safetyal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Where did you order food and what was it?

On the bar hop we ate at Coconuts. It was just conch ceviche and chips, but it was outstanding.

Most of the bars we visited with them served food. Only the real rundown place did not.

On the bar hop we ate at Coconuts. It was just conch ceviche and chips, but it was outstanding.

Most of the bars we visited with them served food. Only the real rundown place did not.

duplicate post

Lol! Where was that, not aware of any stops that don’t serve food?

It is interesting to read different people’s opinions of the Bar Hop stops.

Have you been recently? How was the seaweed situation?

Lol! Where was that, not aware of any stops that don’t serve food?

It is interesting to read different people’s opinions of the Bar Hop stops.

Have you been recently? How was the seaweed situation?

We were there this past May 2018.

Didn't try eating the seaweed.

We were there this past May 2018.

Didn't try eating the seaweed.

I had heard the seaweed problem was bad again this year. It usually affects the east coast of Cozumel predominantly. It was OK early February when we hopped last, but other ports we visited early March were bad.

Which bar has stopped serving food - Playa Bonita? I have just googled and see it says permanently closed. I am not surprised it was looking very dangerous last time we were there. Is this very recent? Has anyone heard of a new bar being added to the hop?

Don't get me wrong. We had a great time. Would do the bar-hop again.

Yes, I understand we are FO-HO’s! And go round east side regularly on our own too.

It’s a pity about Playa Bonita- all down to Mother Nature.