Laundry

phoenix1181

I have a couple of laundry questions that I haven't been able to find answers for.........

Is the Platinum laundry perk strictly wash & fold?

If so, does it make sense to send clothes to be pressed after they come back from being washed or just pay to have them washed & pressed?

Does anyone have pricing information?

TIA.............d

Thanks so much for the responses!

So I can send one bag to be washed & pressed and another to be washed & folded at no cost since we're both Platinum. Is that correct?

How do I identify that I would like items returned on hangar, not folded?

I'm sorry to sound so needy but we've only used the all you can put in the bag wash and fold & with the option of free wash & iron, I'll be able to pack much lighter for our October cruise.

We have found that anything that would normally be hung, comes back that way. Shirts (m and f), dresses, pants and capris, even nightgowns and undershirts were hung. Everything else comes back very loosely folded. By that I mean they do try to put as few folds as possible in the other clothing. Underwear comes back spread flat, socks matched but laid flat, bras laid flat. Shorts were folded in half lengthwise, not creased. We've never had an issue with things coming back overly wrinkled but I also only buy wrinkle-free clothing so as to avoid the problem both at home and while vacationing. My husband normally doesn't send his dress shirts to be laundered to I can't comment on whether those are pressed or not.

We have 15-day and 19-day cruises booked for next year. We are both platinum so I am thrilled with the laundry perk as, like you, I'll be able to pack much more efficiently because of it.

We have found that anything that would normally be hung, comes back that way. Shirts (m and f), dresses, pants and capris, even nightgowns and undershirts were hung. Everything else comes back very loosely folded. By that I mean they do try to put as few folds as possible in the other clothing. Underwear comes back spread flat, socks matched but laid flat, bras laid flat. Shorts were folded in half lengthwise, not creased. We've never had an issue with things coming back overly wrinkled but I also only buy wrinkle-free clothing so as to avoid the problem both at home and while vacationing. My husband normally doesn't send his dress shirts to be laundered to I can't comment on whether those are pressed or not.

We have 15-day and 19-day cruises booked for next year. We are both platinum so I am thrilled with the laundry perk as, like you, I'll be able to pack much more efficiently because of it.

Thanks so much for this! It's great to know I can pack for a week when we're going to be gone for two!!

This is a fantastic perk that was a game-changer for us on our 11 days Caribbean cruise - because we started in NYC in the winter, we had to pack warmer clothing, sweaters, etc - required 2 large and 1 smaller suitcase. If we had known that we could get laundry done for a "bag price" vs "item price", we would have packed 1/2 the clothing.

On our Escape cruise last week, granted, we did not need winter clothing, but we packed just 3 small rolling bags - free platinum laundry on day 4 that came back within an afternoon, folded and ready to go. Allowed us to self-disembark vs fight the masses in the terminal. Even if you are not platinum or in the Haven (both have 1 bag of laundry free), I believe all return cruisers should get a 19.95$ bag of laundry coupon midway through the cruise.

Amy