A fun and different thing to do in Cozumel, Trikes Cozumel

Choozin Croozin

First off, we have been to Cozumel many, many times. We are not the lay on the beach and drink kind of people. I have always read that snorkeling is not all that great in Cozumel, so we have not done that. When we were in Aruba a few years ago, it was the same scenario and someone suggested Trikes Aruba. My husband jumped at the idea and he loved it! So when I was searching for things to do in Cozumel, I found Trikes Cozumel. Score!

You have to walk all the way out of the terminal and the gates to meet someone from Trikes. He showed up on time and hailed a taxi to take us to their location (they pay). It's a small building kind of off the beaten path, which is nice because after we filled out the paperwork, there was a nice quiet side street that they let you practice on before heading to the road. Once comfortable we were off.

Fast forward...if you want to do something a little adventurous, fun and different, you should really try this "tour". They take you down the frontage road where all the resorts are and then over to the beautiful "wild" side. There are stops for photo ops, as they take pics of you all throughout the day and post them to FB (no payment). We had people in jeep tours pass us by and you could tell by the look on their face that they wanted to be us. LOL It really is so much fun. Oh and did I mention the stop for Tequila tastings and a very good lunch (included). The tequila is amazing. Nothing like we get in the states. The guy explains the process and was vey interesting. It was a very nice day.

My dh is 69, so I would say any age will work. lol The bikes are gorgeous and so quiet and smooth. Anyway, I just want others, if this is your kind of thing, to experience this.

Get your motor running... head out on the highway....:D

Cozumel has some of the best snorkeling around. But your day does sound fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

good to know. I had heard that from some people at dinner. I will probably try that if we ever do Cozumel again. I might have to do it alone, I don't think my dh would give up the trikes. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sounds like a lot of fun! Question: it says on the FAQ page that helmets are required and supplied, but all their pics show everyone without helmets...? Did you have to wear one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

Since the group in Aruba has been up and running longer than the one in Cozumel(about a year now), I believe the pics that are used on the website are from Aruba, but I could be wrong. Did trikes in Aruba in March and you did not have to wear helmets.

Now the law in Mexico could be different as in Aruba the trikes are considered "cars" and therefore no need for a helmet. So if I read Cozumel's website correctly, it does look like you have to, but when you go into their "gallery" of pics where they put the pics they take on your tour, I don't see anyone wearing a helmet. So maybe someone who has done trikes recently in Cozumel will provide the definitive answer!!! I would rather not, but will if I have to.

First off, we have been to Cozumel many, many times. We are not the lay on the beach and drink kind of people. I have always read that snorkeling is not all that great in Cozumel, so we have not done that. When we were in Aruba a few years ago, it was the same scenario and someone suggested Trikes Aruba. My husband jumped at the idea and he loved it! So when I was searching for things to do in Cozumel, I found Trikes Cozumel. Score!

You have to walk all the way out of the terminal and the gates to meet someone from Trikes. He showed up on time and hailed a taxi to take us to their location (they pay). It's a small building kind of off the beaten path, which is nice because after we filled out the paperwork, there was a nice quiet side street that they let you practice on before heading to the road. Once comfortable we were off.

Fast forward...if you want to do something a little adventurous, fun and different, you should really try this "tour". They take you down the frontage road where all the resorts are and then over to the beautiful "wild" side. There are stops for photo ops, as they take pics of you all throughout the day and post them to FB (no payment). We had people in jeep tours pass us by and you could tell by the look on their face that they wanted to be us. LOL It really is so much fun. Oh and did I mention the stop for Tequila tastings and a very good lunch (included). The tequila is amazing. Nothing like we get in the states. The guy explains the process and was vey interesting. It was a very nice day.

My dh is 69, so I would say any age will work. lol The bikes are gorgeous and so quiet and smooth. Anyway, I just want others, if this is your kind of thing, to experience this.

Get your motor running... head out on the highway....:D

Ditto everything you said!! We did the trikes in Aruba in March and will do the trikes in Cozumel this August. Didn't know it included lunch. That is great. Now I am even more excited than I was 5 minutes ago!!!

Pooh

• 3 weeks later...

Was on the NCL Getaway last week and in Coz June 8th.

We did the Trikes & had a fun & INTERESTING day. Yes, helmets are required in Coz.

As the OP said, you meet the guides outside the port, in front of Senor Frogs. Read the original post for the prelim stuff.

It turned out that my son & I were the ONLY people on the tour. 2 guides in an old, white VW Bug, & us! Very strange.

We cruised the west side of the island, passed all the AI resorts, and then made a stop in a town inland a little ways, El Cedral. Very interesting. Picked up a black coral (I think) souvenir, had a cerveza, and then headed to the east side. This part of the ride is a little hairy if you're not driving. You get up to around 50 mph for about 10 minutes or so. My 21 year old kid handled the driving. I sat in back, praying a little. :)

We stopped on the southeast side, at the Rasta bar. we took pix, had a few me cerveza's, then continued north on the east coast. We stopped again at a nice photo op spot & this is when the fun began.

The trike wouldn't start. Battery dead, and wouldn't take a jump. Yay!

ZERO cell service on this side. No way to call for a replacement Trike.

25 cramped min later we were at the Tequila place, a shiny Trike waiting for us, and did the tasting, and had lunch. Yes, included. It was good. Fajita's.

Bought a bottle of Anejo (very yummy), finished touring the north side of the commercial side, and then ended back at Frogs.

Tour started around 9:30, back at Frogs by 2:30.

Great time. Highly recommend the Trikes!!

Since the group in Aruba has been up and running longer than the one in Cozumel(about a year now), I believe the pics that are used on the website are from Aruba, but I could be wrong. Did trikes in Aruba in March and you did not have to wear helmets.

Now the law in Mexico could be different as in Aruba the trikes are considered "cars" and therefore no need for a helmet. So if I read Cozumel's website correctly, it does look like you have to, but when you go into their "gallery" of pics where they put the pics they take on your tour, I don't see anyone wearing a helmet. So maybe someone who has done trikes recently in Cozumel will provide the definitive answer!!! I would rather not, but will if I have to.

Yes, you DO have to wear helmets.

One other thing that I forgot. You do also wear seat belts. When I was on the one in Aruba you didn't wear a seat belt of helmet. This one you wear both. As the passenger, I was much more relaxed with both measures of safety. If they would actually help is another story. :p:p

• 2 weeks later...

We did Trikes in Aruba and St. Maarten and loved them both so we cannot wait to do this in Cozumel this December.

Aruba tour was excellent

30983186673_20029c54af_k.jpg

St. Maarten we were the only ones on the tour, lots of fun had the same guide we had in Aruba and he remember us. Excellent private tour.

35331848306_69ccd7dba4_k.jpg

This sounds like an amazing adventure! I looked at the Trikes website and Facebook page. Are all the Trikes for 3 people only? We will be a family of four (kids are 16 and 20).

Thanks!

Trikes are for up to 3 people so you would have to rent 2 of them...

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone done this tour in the afternoon? We arrive on the NCL Epic at noon so would have to do a 1:30PM pick up with a 5:30PM return... all aboard is 6PM. I think this time makes me uncomfortable.. has anyone been on a tour shorter than 4 hours?

Thanks!

Has anyone had difficulty with getting Trikes-Cozumel to contact them to confirm reservation? I have sent 2 requests and have not heard back from them. We leave in 6 weeks. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Hello,

I also sent to emails to reserve for our cruise in March never heard back...So I went onto FB site and received a fast response. They just emailed my confirmation in 5 minutes. My advice is contact them through Facebook.

Good luck

Thank you!:D:D

Has anyone had difficulty with getting Trikes-Cozumel to contact them to confirm reservation? I have sent 2 requests and have not heard back from them. We leave in 6 weeks. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Hello,

I also sent to emails to reserve for our cruise in March never heard back...So I went onto FB site and received a fast response. They just emailed my confirmation in 5 minutes. My advice is contact them through Facebook.

Good luck

I actually booked through their website and they got back to me right away. As a matter of fact, I goofed it up and they were right on top of it getting things squared away...with humor. :D It looks like you found a way to get through to them. Have fun... we really had a blast. Headed back to Aruba in April 2019.. Guess what's on the top of my dh's list??

I tried booking with them two or three times months before our cruise and never got a reply.must have had startup issues we never saw a motorcycle the whole time in Cozumel.going back on a Cuba cruise next year with a day in Cozumel.i don't have time for people who don't respond. Would have liked to experienced it though.

I tried booking with them two or three times months before our cruise and never got a reply.must have had startup issues we never saw a motorcycle the whole time in Cozumel.going back on a Cuba cruise next year with a day in Cozumel.i don't have time for people who don't respond. Would have liked to experienced it though.

Im not sure what happened. As I said, we had no problems booking in March. You may want to try the FB page. It really is a fun day.

Surprised you have had issues getting a reply from them.

When I reached out via their web site back in May 18 for our June 18 NCL cruise, they replied via email asap. That is how we communicated the rest of the way.

Try their email:

trikes.cozumel@gmail.com

Definitely mention their lack of response. May get you a little something extra. :)

Good luck! It is a GREAT day!