Smoking in the Escape

Does anyone have pictures of the places you can smoke on the Escape and or perhaps let me know how crowded the areas get? Thanks![emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I may or may not have pictures, but you can smoke on the Haven outside area front deck 19, by port side Waves bar on deck 16.

There are other places too.

Also in Spice H2o, along the starboard side wall next to the bar... The upper Waves Bar on deck 17, port side...

Do you know if it is all of Spice H2O? I was planning to hang out there, and I'm not a fan of smoking.

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if it is all of Spice H2O? I was planning to hang out there, and I'm not a fan of smoking.

Thanks for the info.

Smoke smell is not a problem at Spice H20. It's beautiful spot. Few stragglers at bar but there always seems to be good breeze that makes smoke disappear not drift over to you.

Does anyone have pictures of the places you can smoke on the Escape and or perhaps let me know how crowded the areas get? Thanks![emoji1]

Yes, they are crowded and pretty much standing room only except early mornings.

Smoke smell is not a problem at Spice H20. It's beautiful spot. Few stragglers at bar but there always seems to be good breeze that makes smoke disappear not drift over to you.

This can vary obviously. The one time we were up there last week at night when it was open to all and they were showing kids movies the wind blew smoke across most of the area in waves.

The answer to that question is No.

Then there is no place outside to sit, have a drink with overhead coverage? I don’t get how one ship sailing out of NY did allow this area and the Escape doesn’t? So Stupid.

• Like 1

Then there is no place outside to sit, have a drink with overhead coverage? I don’t get how one ship sailing out of NY did allow this area and the Escape doesn’t? So Stupid.

That is an accurate assessment of the situation on the Escape. The designated smoking areas are even more constrained on the Bliss which will be in NYC after the Escape leaves.

And I agree with you;p

That is an accurate assessment of the situation on the Escape. The designated smoking areas are even more constrained on the Bliss which will be in NYC after the Escape leaves.

And I agree with you;p

Well Carnival does have an outside COVERED area with chairs and couches for the smoking passengers. That is something we thought about when canceling the Bliss cruise in December 2018 for 12 days that we had booked.

And the other kicker is - that the Getaway allows smoking on the waterfront. What gives NCL?

I hope that they reconsider this area especially because it is not near FOOD! This actually is a deal breaker for us.

Well Carnival does have an outside COVERED area with chairs and couches for the smoking passengers. That is something we thought about when canceling the Bliss cruise in December 2018 for 12 days that we had booked.

And the other kicker is - that the Getaway allows smoking on the waterfront. What gives NCL?

I hope that they reconsider this area especially because it is not near FOOD! This actually is a deal breaker for us.

If you look at the spreadsheet in my signature, the Breakaway & Getaway are NCL's ships with the lowest ratio of passenger capacity to designated smoking areas at 567. If 10% smoke, that is about 60 passengers per smoking area ;)

The Escape has 1 designated smoking area per 1067 passenger capacity (110 passengers per smoking area) and the Bliss has 1 designated smoking area per 1335 passenger capacity (135 passengers per smoking area). Note: While in port, the Bliss will only have 1 open smoking area and only if the ship is not fueling.

However, NCL is not disclosing the fact that they are not providing a sufficient number of designated smoking areas, i.e. seats, for the anticipated number of passengers using those areas. :mad:

I wish NCL would just let people know or better yet take the plunge and market those ships as non-smoking! Letting smokers find out once they are onboard and can't do anything about the situation is not the way to do business, in my opinion. It also means there will be people smoking in non-smoking areas which is a real shame and entirely NCL's fault due to their lack of transparency.

It is my understanding that Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne has covered designated smoking areas. The Anthem does similar itineraries to those NCL runs out of Manhattan.

There are plenty of alternatives out there!

Edited by my3sonsnj

The fact that they advised that the port side on deck 8 was a smoking side when I booked the Escape thru CAS . Then to find out its not is very disappointing. This is a deal breaker for me also.

Sales over transparency seems to be the policy ;) We are fixing that, lol!

No, just "along the starboard side wall next to the bar"
Must vary by sailing. When I was on in Feb all the high tops surrounding the bar had ashtrays on them and smokers were abound. It was probably triple the space smokers had on the getaway there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk