Beach Day For Family with Scuba for me

Davocabo

I know there are operators who work with cruise ship passengers, however I am looking for beach place for were we can go as a family and I can catch a dive boat for a two tank dive. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I do this with my husband often in port as I do not dive. Your best bet is to contact the dive companies and then determine where they leave from so you can get your family sorted there before you leave. Then after the five you can relax with them there. The dives usually take several hours so she should be prepared to spend several hours alone. Some companies have let the kids and I accompany them on the boat and we just stay on the boat while he dives.

I know that Chankanaab is fairly close to new Caleta, AKA Fonatur - that’s where you catch most of the dive boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks smokin Mike! I used Aldora Divers my last trip but this time I have my Daughters along. (the oldest being 19 So it not like they are little kids...lol)

I do this with my husband often in port as I do not dive. Your best bet is to contact the dive companies and then determine where they leave from so you can get your family sorted there before you leave. Then after the five you can relax with them there. The dives usually take several hours so she should be prepared to spend several hours alone. Some companies have let the kids and I accompany them on the boat and we just stay on the boat while he dives.

Thanks Bearette….. I guess my post was a bit vague, apologies.... Thank you for your advise, good idea. Instead of looking for a beach that provides diving, find out who leaves from specific area. Time will be key from a cruise ship as I learned last time I was in Cozumel. Thanks again! (y)

You could load the entire family in a taxi at the cruise ship pier, have the taxi drop you at Fonatur, send the family down to the Money Bar and then hook back up with them there after your dive. It’s a good place for snorkel, food, cocktails, and beer. There are loungers for sunning plus waiter service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums